Happening Central 2017

What’s a Happening?

A happening is an attendee-driven free-form event or gathering open to all! Whether you’re into hiking, swimming, board games, drawing, crafting, or partying, CFT has something for you. Happenings can be as simple as an impromptu game of cards, or as elaborate as an outdoor screening of the latest furry blockbuster complete with popcorn.

Planning a Happening

Forum:
This is the place to start. Create a thread with a descriptive title and tag it as a happening. Include a description of the happening, any supplies attendees can bring. Bonus points if you can spin it into a narrative that matches the theme. Pictures and video can really help make a post standout and catch.

Here are some examples from previous years. You can view all past happenings by selecting the Happenings category on the forum. Make It Interesting. Bring props and your own supplies

##Schedule & Sign up
When you enter the wasteland time gets left behind. The passing of hours is marked only by when your last meal was.

This year we will be implementing a schedule that uses “camp time.” Time slots are allocated relative to meal times, and will feel quite natural to the relaxed atmosphere present. They exist to make scheduling easier.

Breakfast
After Breakfast (Bell +40 minutes)
Lunch
Afternoon 1 (Bell + 40)
Afternoon 2 (Bell + 2 hours)
Dinner
Evening (Bell + 40 minutes)
Midnight
After dark

This year we will keep an up to date schedule in this thread that may be subject to change at camp. Please be respectful and be on time to your happening or communicate any schedule changes in advance. Improvised happenings are great, please bring your own ideas and supplies, and we will let people know to show up.

##Signing up

To make things easier, let us know ahead of time if you know you will be hosting a happening.

Step one: Pick a time from the list above:

Step two:
Answer a few questions:

1. What is your Happening?
  2. Location request?
  3. What supplies are you bringing?
  4. Requests for (reasonable) accommodations.

Thursday

Con officially starts at noon.
No planned events.
Dinner served.

Friday

####Breakfast
After Breakfast (Bell +40 minutes):

####Lunch
Afternoon 1 (Bell + 40):

Afternoon 2 (Bell + 2 hours):

####Dinner
Evening (Bell + 40 minutes):

Midnight:

After dark:

Saturday

####Breakfast

####Lunch
Afternoon 1 (Bell + 40):

• Battle of the Brightest

####Dinner

• Costume Parade

Midnight:

• DJ Battle & Costume Party
  • Dragon Heights Dark Lunch: The Cult of the Philly Cheesesteak (charity fundraiser)

After dark:

Sunday

####Breakfast

####Lunch
Afternoon 1 (Bell + 40):

• Aqua Olympics

• Battle of the Butts

####Dinner

Midnight:

• Tea & Tasting Social
  • DJ Open Space

After dark:

• Temple Burn (10:00 PM)
  • Dragon Heights Projection Party
1 Like

i have a request for two if they are not already accommodated for!

the first is the “making your mark” stamp carving happening.
After noon 2, probably. i’m not sure if this should happen on friday or saturday. Friday i’d think for the early con time, but saturday for the volume of participants.
I will be bringing some scrap stamp rubber, ONE SET of gouging tools, and ONE x-acto knife.

the second is the star gazing happening!
I’d like those to be on friday AND saturday “After dark” time slots. I think there is a forum post discussing the operation and location of this event. I just want to make sure they’re accounted for <3
I will try to see if I am able to borrow a small telescope for viewing.
I will also have a red light.

Updated the schedule to include your happenings. I put you down for Friday “Afternoon 2” slot for stamps. I suspect there will be more people than we have tools (I’m planning on bringing a couple sets of gouging tools and some pink speedball), so this will largely be an instructional happening and people can borrow supplies throughout the weekend to work on their personal project.

is this a place where people can read it? you can totally post that on the “marking your mark” tutorial post if you need to!!

1. My happening is a low key cider tasting for around 20 people.
  2. I’d like it to be Friday ,in the evening, at the bar area.
  3. I’m bringing enough cider for 20 people, and enough chutzpah to entertain them. In addition, I’ll have solo cups for people who don’t have their own.
  4. I’ll need some of the long picnic tables and some lighting .

Thanks so much for organizing this! Let me know if anything needs to change.

Haaaay. Music Happening!

I was thinking on Saturday Afternoon 1 (Bell + 40)

1. The happening is jam session/song writing session. We could write something for the theme of the con, or whatever we want!
  2. As far as location goes…not really sure! Wouldn’t hurt to have a picnic table. : )
  3. I’ll be bringing an electric guitar, guitar, and maybe a big clunky synthesizer if I bring the batteries.

Lemme know if I need to provide any more info!

1 Like

Hey Morse, can I snatch up the afternoon slot before Dog’s Stamp Making for my Dog Safety happening? Also a slot after Fakeman’s Cider Tasting on friday for my Midnight Society happening.

I plan to hold Dog Safety in the main happenings area we’ll be setting up and Midnight Society will be at Camp Bloodwood again. I will provide all supplies I need for both, all I need is a shady spot for the Dog Safety happening.

Say, I’m curious. What is the water social? Are we socializing around a water cooler, or is like some sort of social gathering down at the waterfall?

here is a little about what it is about

1 Like

Thank you for the schedule.
CFT is shown as starting on Thursday 8/3, however, I don’t see any information about Thursday. Is the information located elsewhere? Even if there are no activities or meals planned, it would be great to have that called out. Also, are there any scheduling items such as when the camp is open to arrive? I want to make sure I plan ahead!

The con officially starts at noon on Thursday. We serve dinner (menu will be announced soon!), but we do not schedule any other activities since attendees will be just getting in and getting set up/checked in.

Ah, I must’ve missed that post. Thanks! :smiley:

Dragon Heights, checking in. Location for all of them will be Dragon Heights.

Friday:

Afternoon 1-
Craft Club: Open art jam in the Dragon Heights yurt. Bring your supplies, or use some of ours!

Evening-
Theme Camp 101: Dragon Heights will be talking about what a theme camp is, and what it takes to put one together. Includes a look at all of the magic/garbage behind the scenes. Meet up at the yurt.

After Dark-
Projection Party: Big screen art jam, vaporwave visuals, and a wasteland movie. Maybe not in that order. We’ll be going till 2am, check our sign at the movie screen for actual showtimes.

Midnight-
Dark Lunch: The forbidden quesadilla ritual. Dragon Heights fundraiser, exchanging hot cheese circles for donations to our local animal shelter. (Suggested donation $1-3, all money goes to https://www.paws.org/)

Saturday:

After Dark-
Projection Party: Big screen art jam, vaporwave visuals, and a wasteland movie. Maybe not in that order. We’ll be going till 2am, check our sign at the movie screen for actual showtimes.

Midnight-
Dark Lunch: Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, cooked fresh in front of you and served by robed cultists. (Suggested donation $3-5, all money goes to https://www.paws.org/)

Sunday:

After Dark-

1 Like

Don’t mean to be that guy, but is The Battle of The Brightest really happening in the afternoon? Or is that going on a different format than prior years?

Shh, it’s a secret. The schedule is correct.

1 Like

Thank you for the update!
One other question. Are there rough time estimates for the meals?
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.