The Mysterious Card Game Mao

I’ve been playing Mao since I was young, and I’m bringing some decks of cards along with my House Rules to CFT!

• Part of the traditional experience of Mao is a new player being forced to learn some or all of the rules of the game through observation and trial and error.
  • Thus new players are not presented with a list of rules, as part of the game is to discover the rules through game-play.
  • A traditional greeting to new players of Mao is “The only rule I can tell you is this one.”

Bring a chair, your wits, and a lot of patience as you trial and error your way through what turns into the craziest game of cards I’ve ever experienced!

Oh, this game… I want to make it clear, from having tried to play it with others: it takes a certain mindset to enjoy this game.
The goal of Mao is not to win it, but instead, to learn it. It’s a logic puzzle, not a card game. Go into playing it with that mindset, and you’ll have a much more enjoyable experience.

1 Like

Point of Order

(Sounds like a good time. It’s always nice when the rules are goofy and relatively simple. Could be a great way to meet new people.)

Game on.

1 Like

Sounds fun! Just going to be playing whenever throughout CFT, or is it going to be a Happening?

Oh god. It’s been years.

“Failure to name a monotreme.”

Mao is so much fun, can’t wait!

Since I signed up to help in the kitchen on Friday for the lunch service, it seems I have a conflict and I may not be able to help you with this, @Gnolltime. If you were counting on my help, let me know and I’ll reschedule the kitchen shift.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.