Dog Safety in the Wasteland

Looking for some tips about how to assess your dog’s general health or maybe just curious about how to understand dog body language? Then you’re in the right place! This year, I’d like to pass on some knowledge to help fellow dog owners become a little more aware of their pet’s health and how to tell when they might have any silent issues arising.

We’ll talk about things like:
-Signs of heatstroke and what to do if your dog is overheating
-Basic health assessment techniques including how to check their pulse, temperature, and hydration
-Dog body language and how to approach a new dog

I have had years of experience working firsthand with with veterinarians, vet techs, and dog trainers in my time working as a professional dog person and have learned a lot as a result. Dogs are essentially my life and as such I’d love to help other owners become the best dog parents they can be!

EDIT! We are scheduled for Friday after lunch! If you are unable to make it to the happening, don’t fret! I’ll have a hand out or two and you can always come find me if you have any questions!

If you need a volunteer for any demonstrations, I’m sure Hannah would be happy to help you.

1 Like

Awesome! Sparrow volunteered Oreo as well, but it’s good to have a back up in case one or the other dog doesn’t feel up to it. Especially since Hannah and I know each other better than Oreo and I do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.