2018 CFT Volunteer Sign-ups!

Welcome to another year of Campfire Tails! My name is Favlaud, the volunteer coordinator, and I’m happy to work with everyone!

For those of you unfamiliar with the way the system works (and there are always tweaks), I hope this thread and the ones linked herein can give you a better idea of what volunteering for CFT brings.

Of course, if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me either here in PM, or at favlaud@campfiretails.org ! Doesn’t matter what your question is about, I’ll do my best to answer it.

I want to make sure that everyone willing to volunteer their time and energy gets what they hope for out of it while helping out a great cause for all attendees. Positions will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and I’ll be updating this thread regularly as people claim shifts and jobs.

Gentle reminder that volunteers are guaranteed a slot in next year’s registration (2019), and earn a +1 credit for another person if 7 hours of kitchen work is done.

Please keep in mind that you need to already be registered to be able to volunteer!

With that, here are the categories where people can help out!

Setup
Construction manager = @Moparskunk
Construction crews to help set up the facilities for the convention are absolutely vital, and often understaffed! If you have the physical ability to lift, carry, and go wherever needs help the most, this spot’s for you!
Requirements are to be at camp as early as noon on Wednesday, August 1, and no later than 2 PM! Distribution of fire-wood will be a big job at this time, and anyone with a truck will be invaluable in moving infrastructure.

1. Kieda
  2. CharlesSky
  3. ToxicWusky
  4. RobbieThe1st
  5. Blink
  6. Intruder
  7. Ampersand
  8. Ottermidas
  9. DarkEmberKitty
  10. Kuwa
  11. Astrius
  12. Gully
  13. Knox
  14. Xander_Frost
  15. GnarledefaitOmbre
  16. Bastek
  17. Critter
  18. FakeMan
  19. lellow
  20. skandrs
  21. Bastek
  22. Dearg

Breakdown
Coordinator = @Moparskunk
The opposite, of course, of setup! These people are the ones making sure everyone gets home on time and everything’s put away snugly for next year. The required times are Monday morning, August 6, and a second time on Tuesday morning, August 7.

1. ToxicWusky
  2. Kuwa
  3. Astrius
  4. Gully
  5. Knox
  6. Kieda
  7. CharlesSky
  8. Xander_Frost
  9. GnarledefaitOmbre
  10. Bastek
  11. lellow
  12. ToxicWusky
  13. skandrs

Swag Distribution
@Senoy and @Blink
Two volunteers needed to help distribute swag!
Thursday 12-5pm
Friday After breakfast and after lunch
Saturday After breakfast

1. Skanders
  2. Nogohoho

Kitchen
Chef de cuisine = @Beauchamp , @x_panther , @OkiWolf
This is where help is most often needed, and where the most appreciation is! Kitchen shifts this year will be broken up into Prep/service-work and Clean-up, depending on what side of the kitchen you’d prefer to work in, and where the kitchen needs the most help.

Thursday 8/2
Dinner
Prep/Serve

1. Gully
  2. Knox
  3. Critter
  4. red_lorelei
  5. tyco

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. FakeMan

Friday 8/3
Breakfast
Prep/Serve

1. DarkEmberKitty
  2. Sektoth
  3. kittenmod
  4. CodyHowl
  5. geoyote15
  6. baxterfox
  7. red_lorelei
  8. Noctis skunk
  9. dook

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. Senoy
  5. Coyoli
  6. ToxicWusky
  7. tyco

Lunch
Prep/Serve

1. DarkEmberKitty
  2. Skit
  3. Critter
  4. Delathar

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. Sektoth

Dinner
Prep/Serve

1. Topher
  2. WoofyTheBunny
  3. Gully
  4. Knox
    Clean
  5. Sektoth
  6. Hawkfeather
  7. RufusRyan
  8. Bastek
  9. dook

Saturday 8/4
Breakfast
Prep/Serve

1. kittenmod
  2. DarkEmberKitty
  3. Senoy
  4. baxterfox
  5. Critter
  6. Noctis skunk
  7. dook

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. Coyoli
  5. ToxicWusky

Lunch
Prep/Serve

1. WoofyTheBunny
  2. DarkEmberKitty
  3. Skit
  4. red_lorelei

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. RufusRyan

Dinner
Prep/Serve

1. Topher
  2. CodyHowl
  3. geoyote15
  4. Delathar

Clean

1. Nodnash
  2. AdrianValistar
  3. CodyHowl
  4. Kobaj
  5. dook

Sunday 8/5
Breakfast
Prep/Serve

1. kittenmod
  2. DarkEmberKitty
  3. Critter
  4. Noctis skunk

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. RufusRyan
  5. Bastek
  6. Coyoli
  7. ToxicWusky

Lunch
Prep/Serve

1. DarkEmberKitty
  2. Skit
  3. Hawkfeather
  4. Senoy
  5. red_lorelei
  6. Maow

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Ottermidas
  4. Maow

Dinner
Prep/Serve

1. Topher
  2. Delathar
  3. CodyHowl
    Clean
  4. Nodnash
  5. AdrianValistar
  6. Kobaj

Monday 8/6
Breakfast
Prep/Serve

1. Noctis skunk

Clean

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius

Gofurs
Coordinator = @Favlaud
This is where the big change from last year will be! The people that apply for this job will work with me on a half-day shift, morning or afternoon, and will be my go-to hands when something pops up. Checking trash cans, restocking facilities, and general handiness are what’s needed most. And the best part? You’ll get radios!

Thursday, August 2

PM

1. Ampersand
  2. kittenmod

Friday, August 3
AM

1. MilesRose
  2. SaberTail

PM

1. Xander_Frost
  2. Coyoli

Saturday, August 4
AM

1. Knox
  2. KasoTurian

PM

1. Coyoli
  2. Luna

Sunday, August 5
AM

1. Knox
  2. Xander_Frost

PM

1. lellow

Monday, August 6
AM

1. MilesRose
  2. Xander_Frost

Finally, why would you volunteer (besides being awesome and helping from your kindness)? Volunteer credits! Please take a look at @Koinu ‘s post regarding rewards and benefits for your time, seen here:

Everyone must register to help out!
Whether that means signing up ahead of time (in this thread), or a spur of the moment assist while at camp, please make sure that I or another staff member get your registered name/handle down. As much as we appreciate people giving what they can, if your name doesn’t get noted, you won’t earn anything toward that credit you might’ve earned. We want to avoid that whenever possible, so bookkeeping is key.

Let’s have fun!

1 Like

Add me for setup and break down. Topher my bff will do a dinner prep cook shift for 3 of the days as well

Add me for setup, just like last year.

Intruder and I will be there for set up!

I’d like to help with Friday dinner and Saturday lunch again!

1 Like

Setup and Thursday afternoon gofur please

Also put me in as ampersand

My wife DarkEmberKitty and I would love to help with setup!
And I would like to help with Breakfast and lunch clean up Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
DarkEmberKitty would like volunteer for prep/service For breakfast Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

1 Like

Put me in for Gofur in the AM tues/fri! Potentially I can also help setup.

Yay!

Astrius & I will help with setup as well as break-down. As usual, we’ll do kitchen clean-up Thursday dinner, and Friday/Saturday/Sunday breakfast and lunch. Oh, heck, may as well do Monday breakfast clean-up too, since we’re staying for tear-down.

Lookin’ forward to another banner summer!

2 Likes

I can help with all the lunches again.

1 Like

I’d be happy to help out Gofur-ing on Friday morning! (assuming I get in at reg)

Hey all! Happy to come early to set up and bring firewood to campsites with my truck. Can also stay late to break down on both Monday andTuesday.

Also down to work Dinner prep/serve on Thursday/Friday/Saturday!

feel free to holler on Telegram if needed. @GullyWeez

Love and beers~

1 Like

Hi friends! I’m available to help with set-up, break down, diner prep on Thursday and Saturday, and I’ll also take a Gofur shift or two… Dealer’s choice! Wherever you think i’d be most useful. I can also pick up extra kitchen shifts if they’re not filled by Con.

Big thanks to ya’ll for coordinating, and to everyone who has signed up to help so far! CFT wouldn’t happen without you.

1 Like

I’d love to help out in the kitchen on Friday 8/3. I can help with Prep/Serve for breakfast and I can do cleanup for Lunch and Dinner on Friday as well.

1 Like

You can sign me up for breakfast prep all three days! I can also for sure gofur thursday PM

I’ll throw my hat in the ring day of if i can! Dont wanna overcommit to early since its my first one haha

1 Like

I would like to help with set up and take down and I’d also like to put my hat in for GoFur on Thursday and Friday for PM and Sunday and Monday for AM. Provided those don’t conflict with each other. :3

I’d like to help with Friday dinner and Sunday lunch please!

1 Like

Will do start up and break down again. Plus the same stuff as last year.

I can help Saturday and Sunday dinner cleanings

1 Like

I’ll be happy to help with food service. Friday breakfast, saturday dinner or anyplace else you might need me.

1 Like