2016 Volunteer Signups!

Hello everyone! My name is Favlaud, and I’ll be handling volunteer registration and/or wrangling this year!

For those of you unfamiliar with the way the system works (and there
have been some changes recently), I hope this thread and the ones linked
herein can give you a better idea of what volunteering for CFT brings.
Of course, if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach
out to me either here in PM, or at favlaud@campfiretails.org

I want to make sure that everyone willing to volunteer their time and
energy gets what they hope for out of it while helping out a great
cause for all attendees. Positions will be filled on a first-come,
first-serve basis, and I’ll be updating this thread regularly as people
claim shifts and jobs.

Gentle reminder that volunteers are guaranteed a slot in next year’s registration, and earn a +1 credit for a mate or ride if enough work is done for the kitchen!

Please keep in mind that you need to already be registered to be able to volunteer!

With that in mind, here are the categories where people can help out!

Setup
Construction manager = MoparSkunk
Construction crews to help set up the facilities for the convention are absolutely vital,
and often understaffed! If you have the physical ability to lift,
carry, and go wherever needs help the most, this spot’s for you!
Requirements are to be at camp as early as noon on Wednesday, August 3,
and no later than 2PM!

1. Critter
  2. Kuwa/Astrius
  3. Copper_Scales
  4. ToxicWusky
  5. DruAnderson
  6. Sparrow
  7. RobbieThe1st
  8. MilesRose

Breakdown
Coordinator = MoparSkunk
The opposite, of course, of setup! These people are the ones making sure everyone gets
home on time and everything’s put away snugly for next year. The
required times are Monday morning, August 7, and a second time on
Tuesday morning, August 8.

1. Copper_Scales
  2. Sparrow
  3. DruAnderson
  4. Morse
  5. RobbieThe1st

Kitchen
Chef de cuisine = Beauchamp
This is where help is most often needed, and where the most appreciation is! Prepping ingredients, watching stoves, and washing dishes are the primary jobs of these volunteers, and there’s unlimited spaces to apply! Shifts are based on mealtimes, so plan to work in shifts that work for you!

Thursday 8/4
Dinner

1. DruAnderson
  2. Critter
  3. Proggy
  4. Shrimp

Friday 8/5
Breakfast

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. Twilight
  4. Lutra

Lunch

1. DruAnderson
  2. Twilight
  3. Skit
  4. Lutra

Dinner

1. Morse
  2. Twilight
  3. Critter
  4. Proggy
  5. Lutra
  6. RufusRyan

Saturday 8/6
Breakfast

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius
  3. crankycoyote
  4. Tsarin
  5. Twilight
  6. Critter
  7. Lutra

Lunch

1. Tsarin
  2. Twilight
  3. Lutra
  4. RufusRyan
  5. Skit
  6. Delathar

Dinner

1. DruAnderson
  2. crankycoyote
  3. Twilight
  4. Proggy
  5. Lutra

Sunday 8/7
Breakfast

1. Tsarin
  2. Twilight
  3. Lutra
  4. RufusRyan

Lunch

1. DruAnderson
  2. Proggy
  3. Raemuz
  4. Lutra
  5. Raemuz
  6. Skit
  7. Delathar

Dinner

1. Morse
  2. Twilight
  3. Lutra

Monday 8/8
Breakfast

1. Kuwa/Astrius
  2. Twilight
  3. Lutra

Gofurs
Coordinator = me!
This is where the big change from last year will be! The people that apply for this job will work with me on a half-day shift, morning or afternoon, and will be my go-to hands when something pops up. Checking trash cans, restocking facilities, and general handiness are what’s needed most. And the best part? You’ll get radios!

Thursday, August 4
AM

1. DruAnderson
  2. Sparrow

PM

1. XanderFrost
  2. MilesRose

Friday, August 5
AM

1. ToxicWusky
  2. Raemuz

PM

1. Dog

Saturday, August 6
AM

1. Dog
  2. Raemuz

PM

1. Intruder
  2. Blink

Sunday, August 7
AM

1. XanderFrost

PM

1. DruAnderson
  2. Sparrow

Monday, August 8
AM

Finally, why would you volunteer (besides being awesome and helping from your kindness)? Volunteer credits! Please take a look at @Koinu ‘s post regarding rewards and benefits for your time, seen here:

I’ll be keeping a tally of who does what jobs and to what completion in the interest of everyone getting the rewards they’ve earned. And please include a contact number with your application message!

Let’s have fun!

I would like to volunteer for setup If needed, koinu and Mopar said that needed volunteers. My schedule looks to allow it at this time. If anyone needs to contact me please email me. I will provide phone number if needed.

Hello!

Astrius and I would like to help with setup on Wednesday. We maaaay also do breakdown, or a kitchen shift, but I’ll need to run that by Astrius first. We’ll get you an answer on breakdown/kitchen by the end of this weekend (4/17), but for sure we’re in for setup. :slight_smile: Feel free to contact me at 971-301-5532, voice or text.

I am totally willing to help! I’m pretty much willing to do whatever, inside or outside con.
I usually hang with Boulder’s crew, like with favlaud.

Thank you! We discussed Friday evening, so I marked you down there.

1 Like

Sign me up for Setup/Breakdown and AM Gopher shifts every day.

i forgot to mention i used to build props for theater/stage performances! if any one needs help with that, i can try!

I would like to do a gopher shift saturday pm

Thank you very much!

Oh, heck, we can do more. Write down Astrius and me for Friday and Saturday breakfast shifts? :slight_smile:

Is there a drinking position available?

1 Like

Is that where we have you go around and finish all the half-empty beers and recycle them?

Could call ya James Edgar Hoover

I will do gopher pm shift on Saturday with Intruder

Sign me up for setup and breakdown

I have experience in drilling gloryholes.

For real though, I will talk to Beauchamp and see if he wants help serving food.

Hey guys!! up here to volunteer again this year. I am up for all lunch and dinner shifts. Also Sparrow and I will be available for Breakdown.

1 Like

We always want help in the kitchen. The day we don’t need help in the kitchen will be a very good day.

I’m sure that SteveFoxx (he who split all the firewood last year) and I (who drove said firewood around) will be up for helping with whatever needs helping!

Let us finalize our plans and discuss on when exactly we’ll be arriving and leaving this year and I’ll reply back before the weekend is out. Looks like there is a lot of kitchen help needed and gopher work. I know I’ll be up for doing kitchen work or gopher work just as equally, but I don’t want to speak for my lovely aforementioned vulpine.

-Nicholas

2 Likes

Thank you all so much!! Feel free to check in with me at any time you guys like, and can’t wait to see y’all there!

Do I need to be registered in order to volunteer? I am willing to help out in the kitchen if possible. I took 2 years of culinary arts in my junior and sophomore years of High School and have a certification of sanitation. I really want to meet new furs and help out. I live in Newberg Oregon and would enjoy attending this event. I missed Furlandia in Portland so I would like to attend this convention.