Welcome to the Midnight Society

What scares you? Bumps in the night? Howling in the wind? Witches… ghosts… ghouls of the whiphand variety? Or are you just… afraid of the dark?

Join me once again at Camp Bloodwood (in green camp, adjacent to the kitchen) where we’ll have a warm, crackling fire and a welcoming circle. Bring your favorite spooky story to share or an original one of your own making. Not a great storyteller, but love to listen? Bring a chair and settle in close, who knows what’s lurking just beyond the fire’s light.
Let’s welcome back that nostalgic feeling of telling scary tales by the fire and seeing who ends up sleeping with their light burning bright through the night.

I will provide “fire dust” (non dairy creamer) as always and some extra scary stories to tell in the dark for those that would like to spin a yarn, but come empty handed.

Feel free to bring smores supplies as well.

Time slot TBD!

2 Likes

How spooky are you aiming for?

My favorite short stories aren’t really “scary stories”, though they’re maybe existentially disturbing - not sure if I should bring 'em to your fire or have a separate Lexicon Story Hour happening…

• They’re Made Out Of Meat - what if we’re not alone in the universe, but nobody wants to talk to us?
  • The Egg by Andy Weir - what if you, in particular, are fundamentally alone in the universe?
  • I don’t know, Timmy, being God is a big responsibility - amusing consequence of the many-universes theory of quantum physics
  • The Author of the Acacia Seeds - interpreting the language and art of animals, in their very different umwelt
  • Exhalation by Ted Chiang - what is the point of life if the universe will have a heat death
  • The Last Question by Isaac Asimov - also about heat death

Could fit, could be too heavy. We can find out if you don’t want to do your own story time happening.

I’ll try to find another Scary Story to Tell in the Dark.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.