The Dance Party Inventory Thread (Bringing DJ stuff to CFT? Check this out)

A few people have mentioned that they will be bringing various sorts of equipment (generators, lights, turntables, speakers, etc), so let’s try and get somewhat of an inventory going here.

Post an orderly list of anything you intend to bring to CFT (+ intend to share with others), and let’s see what we’ve got to work with!

I will be bringing my laptop, controllers and a few extra cables of various sorts.

I will also be bringing my speakers, subwoofer and amp, which I am more than willing to share. It is no substitute for what Smash would probably have, but it can be combined or used in a different area if needed! The system I have is all pretty cheap and therefore not a professional setup. The reason being that the mass amount of dust and exposure to sun could probably cause major issues and I’m not gonna be too upset if something happens to all this. (about $150 invested total. XD )

I will be trying to get a generator by the time CFT rolls around, but I can’t guarantee it! D:

TLDR
SHARING:
-Speakers
-Sub
-Amp
-Extra cables
-Power strip(s)

I will be bringing my Mobile Truss setup, and my dance lights. DMX Controller, my amp+audio setup. Audio gear is dependent on what others are bringing, so that I am not hauling a bunch of crap down there and not have it used. Ive got about 2x as much stuff as I had at Furlandia (for those of you who were at Saturday night BBQ dance, you have a good idea)

Last year I brought a modest sound set-up.

Last year I had a regular paycheck.

This year, I work for myself. I quit my job so I could start my own business. This is great and all, I get to play with sound gear, lighting, video, and a studio every day. But it also means that I don;t get a paycheck for a while as I pay employees before myself.

CFT is on my calendar, and if Ic an find the money for gas, I will attend and bring sound, but driving the RV up last year was rather spendy.

Now, I don;t expect CFT to spend money on getting me there. People will say, “But you brought that monster sound system to BLFC” … BLFC was a paying customer, and if they didn;t pay me to be there as a contractor/vendor, I likely wold not have been able to afford to go at all.

Hopefully by next year I will have enough of a revenue stream to make going to conventions more certain. But, right now, I can’t even buy gas for my truck without asking permission from my business partners.

And damn would I love to bring the Klipsch wall of sound up there.

Smash, I was at BLFC, and I have to say your equipment was very impressive! That being said, I know it must cost a fortune to haul all that gear around.

I was discussing with Bryan last night about this, and if you cannot bring your gear, I think between me and a few other people we can provide a sufficient amount of A/V&L to make sure the camp doesn’t go without. Ive got a general PA system, amp, DJ gear, cords, cables, Truss, and enough lights to fill a dance club, along with a generator to run the gear.

I will connect with Pixelito on what exactly he is bringing, so we can make sure the basics are covered. So, if you squeeze in your budget just to come, for the fun? Then do so! Don’t feel obligated to bring a bunch of stuff if you cannot afford it, your attendance would be more than enough. And, you might be able to teach us a thing or two about the minimal gear we have ourselves. (:

I know what its like to go from a regular paycheck, to doing things on your own, I just recently went through that transition, otherwise I would try to raise some funds for either more gear, or to help pay for your transit, or construction of a makeshift stage, or what-not. However I think by working together with a couple other people on this thread, we will be able to pull it off.

~Saphy

My FM transmitter will be in the mix of gear heading out there for folks to use for DDPs as well.

Thanks Devin for getting this started! :smiley:

[quote=“Saphykitten, post:5, topic:564”]…
I will connect with Pixelito on what exactly he is bringing, so we can make sure the basics are covered. So, if you squeeze in your budget just to come, for the fun? Then do so! Don’t feel obligated to bring a bunch of stuff if you cannot afford it, your attendance would be more than enough. And, you might be able to teach us a thing or two about the minimal gear we have ourselves. (:
…[/quote]

I couldn’t agree more with this. We want /you/ here, that is most important!

Saphy, my amp kinda’ sucks and my speakers/sub aren’t all that great either, but if combined with other speakers, they certainly couldn’t hurt. I’ll plan on bringing a few power strips, the sub and speakers, but probably not the amp.

It’s okay if the equipment isn’t very powerful - we received noise complaints last year so anything as loud as last year’s rig we will have to just turn down anyway :3

Well, then we’re golden!
The main reason I’m bringing that particular setup, is that it was super cheap and I won’t be /too/ upset if dust/heat/drunken idiots destroy it all. XD

[quote=“Devin, post:9, topic:564”][quote author=Pixelito link=topic=570.msg4442#msg4442 date=1373434857]
Saphy, my amp kinda’ sucks and my speakers/sub aren’t all that great either, but if combined with other speakers, they certainly couldn’t hurt. I’ll plan on bringing a few power strips, the sub and speakers, but probably not the amp.
[/quote]

It’s okay if the equipment isn’t very powerful - we received noise complaints last year so anything as loud as last year’s rig we will have to just turn down anyway :3[/quote]

You crazy. Noise complaints means a new goal to try for next time! :smiley:

Yes! And that goal is “no noise complaints” ;3

I’ll most likely be bringing my little speaker/subwoofer combo set again this year. It didn’t see much use last year, as it was NO match for Smash’s rig, but it has decent medium-volume output attached to an mp3 player or laptop, etc. I’ll be using it in my own camp for background music, but it can also be a backup if the bigger systems have any issues (like that unfortunate blowout that happened two years ago ^^;)!

Hi, folks! I do not have anything tasty to contribute to the soundsystem, but I’m a DJ interested in contributing sounds if there’s an opportunity. I’ll bring my laptop and mixer, and if there’s something to plug them into that goes boom I’d love to spin for an hour or two for some tail-shaking.

Hoo boy! See you in the forest…

Heya~ I saw your work at Furlandia, I am sure we can arrange something if you bring your mixer and your laptop. Would be a good contrast to the majority of crap I plan on playing.
~Saphy

cool.beans.org Thanks! It’s my first time at CFT and I really have no idea what to expect, but I will be prepared to Bring The Thunder.

Ditto. XD

Looks like I am bringing gear back this year :slight_smile: I can bring what I did last time easily enough. If you folks want more I may need help moving stuff. (My back is bad, and I can only fit so much cargo)

1 Like

@smash do you need any lights at all?