The Dance Party Inventory Thread (Bringing DJ stuff to CFT? Check this out)

I am bringing my ipod and ipod stereo with a 4+ hour (so far) Space themed playlist I’m putting together. It’s not anything like the big guns in the thread but like oCe, I will be having it around for small area entertainment.

If you can bring lights it would be helpful. We’re using a small generator, so we can only handle LED’s etc.

@Saphykitten can bring a handful of LED cans and his portable truss gear. We used it as our set up last year and it work pretty well!

Sounds great! I am keeping my rig respectable in size in case weather turns to shit so we can get ti packed up quickly. Last time I was thre we only had 4 LED Pars. THey were nice, but not quite enough. I can bring 10 small LED pars too, if you have space on the truss for them.

-s

Will be bringing 2 very bright projectors and will hunt down some white bed sheets to use as makeshift screens. All the power to run them too. I’ve started doing VJ sets to go along with DJ sets and will bring my setup to throw some pretty things on the screens.

If anyone else is into this, I’ve got a small collection of content on my mac w/ resolume arena and modul8 or if anyone wants to learn/try/play. I can also throw content up if folks wanna bring random clips, pics, etc. on flash drives. The projectors take VGA, DVI, or HDMI if anyone wants to hook their own laptops up too

2 Likes

I have a collection of weird found footage of b-films and shows with anthropomorphic content. Combining the two may have some neat outcomes. :slight_smile:

throw them on a flash drive or portable HDD. With the apps I use, you can throw effects on em and do other random fun stuff to the videos, live

Can we…can we hook up an snes to the projector? Asking for a friend. c_c

2 Likes

If @Groggy is bringing the projectors i think he’s bringing, they should support a SNES. It will need composite video or s-video cables, not an RF modulator.
If he’s not bringing the projectors I’m thinking of, I have one I can pack along, and groggy is in my caravan, so we can coordinate easily.

I may have to bring along my copy of Super Metroid for the purposes of a speed-run-drinking-game. Maybe @Saphykitten will join me :wink:

1 Like

Could they be used for movie screenings when they’re not in use for the dance? :smiley:

Yes, composite video or S video