Shibari 101 & 102 or How to Tie Your Dino

I have been tying people up for over 6 years now and want to share the art of creative rope tying with all you dino wranglers! Friday is the 101 class and Saturday will be 102.

I am going to have two sessions, a 101 session going over safety and some basic ties that you can put to use on the spot (single column, double column, chest harness), and a 102 session showing how to take some 101 ties to the next level along with a few simple body harnesses.

You don’t need to come to 101 to show up at 102, however, I won’t be spending a lot of time reviewing concepts covered in 101.

I will have some loaner rope to lend out, but if you want to make sure you can participate, please BYOR! 30ft of synthetic rope from home depot is around 10 bucks and more than enough to get started! (please don’t bring twine)

Bring a practice partner, and dip a toe into the creative side of rope!

2 Likes

Sounds fun! Are there specific lengths you recommend?

you can do a bunch with a 15’ and a 30’ set! After that, its really up to what you want to do. My usual kit is 2 15’ and 1 30’ because you can make a bunch of really fun combinations with that.

The shorter lengths are great for tying limbs to things (ankle to a table leg, wrist to wrist, etc) and keep things looking neat without a lot of loose rope ends. The longer bit is enough for most basic chest harnesses, and then you can start attaching limbs to those with the 15’ rope.

And, sometimes it depends on partner size as well! I find those lengths tend to fit most people, but you wont have problems if you go longer than that either

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.