Scritch / Bitch

A couple things I wanted to add to the list:

1. Dogs: All animals must be accompanied 24/7 as Crowley said before. I also like the idea of two handlers per animal. As far as crating goes, I don’t want to see a dog in a crate for the entire con. I’d like to impose a limit on the amount of time an animal can spend in a crate during daylight hours.

Also, animals are not permitted in the commons area when food service is taking place. As sweet as Holly and Albie are, I don’t mind being pleaded with by them to share my supper with them, but I’m sure others do. :slight_smile: Sorry guys!

Also make sure to leave waay too much water out for your dog. Water in the area has a bad habit of collecting dirt and slobber and it gets nasty really quick! Would you want to drink that? Nuuu. Be sure to wipe out the water dish with a paper towel before you refill it please? Your dog and I will love you very much! A dog’s average body temperature is 101 degrees and they tend to run a bit hot in the dry climate of the con!

Let’s see … what else …

Lighting: I’m looking into all kinds of solutions to this dilemma. I’m leaning towards solar powered Christmas lights that can be laid on the ground to mark the main paths. I do need to know how many feet of lighting I’ll need to cover the main areas and if anyone has these measurements, pass them on!

Communication: I’d like for every camper to bring their own FRS radio. I really enjoyed the radio chatter while I was there and whoever rickrolled the radios? That was so awesome! Anyways, try to spend a few extra bucks and get radios that will scan the main channels and the mike can be locked to key on one specific channel. We’ll probably designate a channel for announcements and another channel will be used for general con communications if traffic gets to be too much for one channel.

If we have planned campsites next year, I’d like to issue each camp a radio. We’ll attach it to something physical (zip stip it to a tree, drive a pole in the ground and attach it, etc) that would be locked on one channel for general announcements.

In any case, I’ll try to wrangle up as many extra radios as I can to loan to campers who didn’t bring one.

Lost and Found, Coffee, Volunteers, Zuul, fursuits, and the ilk can be handled thru ConOps as well. I’ll be providing some of these services on my own as well as some by the con! Everyone can bring coffee and propane!

I’ll add more later when I think of more.

Therein lies the issue of the tents. Aside from two structures, all other tents were donated specifically by attendees for happenings, and I can’t personally say ‘sure you can use x-person’s tent!’, especially when it doesn’t belong to me, or isn’t even a rented or third party contract item! When it comes to food, general safety and staples of survival, that’s all on us and if we screw that up, we’re not doing our job right, but all events and associated content and perks are completely attendee-driven. We have our conbook, with it’s attendee-donated content, attendee-built Happenings and mapped areas assembled largely through donations and the good will of our patrons. We can work on things like general lighting, better shower system, improving food service, communication to further remove attendee’s general needs to make their own focus on self-enjoyment paramount and the like and some other tents, but what goes on in said tents is completely up to the attendees to arrange, be it a scheduled panel, or otherwise! We may have one or two staff-sponsored ‘seed’ Happenings to get people putting plans together, but what it breaks down to is; we provide the landspace for you guys to work with, and it’s up to you guys to do something with it! This is how we manage to do food, lodging and events for 4 days without charging you guys an arm and a leg. <3

Think less convention, more ‘furry festival’ or ‘creativity fair’. We can try to do some budgeting for something like that, but absolutely at the expense of logistics, foodstuffs(which has to be more accounted for than any other item in our budget, as you can see in the post ‘digital tin cup’. So it’s a tradeoff. Do you guys want an extra tent, or cheaper meals? Less insurance? As it stands our next biggest purchases next year is a 25’ trailer for hauling gear in lieu of the space-wasteful silverstreak, and several tents we’ll have to commission Demon Fox to build. Those two alone will easily bite a huge chunk out of our budget, so while a $150 10x10 walled tent doesn’t seem like such a big deal, one has to look at it from the perspective of us constantly having to remind ourselves that people still have to eat, and we have to make every cent count. This next year us providing a lounge is highly unlikely, simply due to financials. So, going back to the original statement, if that’s a specific feature you and others want, I highly suggest making a Happening of it! <3

This.

I think you did a good job of breaking down our various gripes into concrete problems with actual solutions. Yay.

Now that I’ve had my first taste of CFT (or any kind of furry con/festival) it’s less scary and I have a better idea of how to contribute. Yay again.

Edit: Bonus bitch: Furry restroom graffiti.

Random suggestion: A pre-printed attendee directory in the conbook. Anyone who wants to be listed could provide as much (or as little) contact information as they want to be printed in the back of the book. Anyone who doesn’t want to be listed, uh, wouldn’t be listed. (The blank pages for autographs might make this redundant, but oh well.)

[quote=“Summer, post:44, topic:164”]Edit: Bonus bitch: Furry restroom graffiti.[/quote] This. whoever did that is an immature douche.

I mean really, what is this? High school? Grow up.

Bathroom: Graffiti directly referencing CFT
Solution: Next year cover the walls in butcher paper, velcro pack of glow in the dark crayons to wall; let people go nuts.

Also, next year we should have two restrooms and another spigot, meaning two shower stations.

[quote=“Maowing Fox, post:43, topic:164”][quote author=Crowley link=topic=147.msg1343#msg1343 date=1281902288]
Think less convention, more ‘furry festival’ or ‘creativity fair’.
[/quote]
This.[/quote]

…i guess being a costumed performer or showing off your artwork through costume ou have hand crafted doesnt count as being creative and isnt furry related…and im not saying that the staff or the convention as a whole has to provide the tents. im just putting it out there just so incase other fursuiters (f.rivers, scritch, dexter, sparky, myself, ingavar, tuxedo, bennet, etc) that were there wanted to chip in for a tent as a whole and donate the tent to the constaff for future cons. imean i am fine with suiting up in my small tent if im the only one with this suggestion/bitch. i just was throwing the thought out there to other suiters.

That was me :smiley:

This is neither scritch nor bitch, merely an observation and a suggestion: it’s been commented upon just how OMFG DARK it was at night - CFT was held during the ‘dark’ of the moon. Imagine if next year we had the campout during the full or waxing-gibbous phase of the moon - whooo!

(imagine the howling!)

That would also help with nighttime visibility issues, along with maybe glowsticking THE HECK out of the Red Tent, the booze tent, and any other salient features people may want to find at night without tripping over football-sized rocks or stumbling into the bitterbrush.

Camping during dark of the moon = dark as **** at night.

Camping during full moon = beautiful silvery light at night. :slight_smile:

Also, bring flashlights, kids. And batteries. There ain’t no streetlights in the woods.

but the stars were gorgeous!

scritch: my amazing air drum solo on monday night/tuesday morning that crowley seemed to enjoy
scritch: riley falling asleep while playing the guitar on monday night around the bonfire

Alrighty, thought of my one problem. >.>

Scritch: Pretty much everything, I can usually adjust to minor problems.

Bitch: I don’t want to make it sound like this was a huge issue, but next year I think it would be a good idea to make sure that anyone hosting a happening, knows about it ahead of time. The example being that my idea I posted on here a while back was actually put into the conbook, but I wasn’t informed about it until Koda got to the site and brought it up to me. I’ll be glad to actually pull it off next year, as long as I know ahead of time.

Weee details. xD

I wish I knew how that happened. Poor dingotiem was all out of caffeine and the alcohol was kicking in.
I’m just glad I didn’t drop the guitar.

Indeed, you had your fingers aligned to play a perfect G chord and stayed with your hands poised to play for a good 5 minutes!

That’s what I meant, too. I’d be happy to chip in for a tent or other related supplies.