Information for ham radio operators

So, it looks like we’ve got a quorum of (potential) examiners, and there’s at least some interest in folks who want to take the test. Having more examiners for redundancy would still be good, of course. :slight_smile:

Let’s do this: If you have (or will have) a General/Extra license and want to help run an exam next year, ping me on Telegram (@MokaHusky) or DM me here. I can then help get folks registered as examiners and keep track of who’ll actually be attending in 2017.

Bonus: If we get one more person with an Extra-class license, we could also do license upgrades for anyone who wants to play around with HF radio. (I’d happily take the Extra test ahead of time to be the third examiner needed to make this work.)

I didn’t understand most of what y’all are talking about, but seeing how passionate y’all are about it (and because I think it would be useful to have more staff presence during camp) makes me want to look into getting proper licensure to join y’all. :grin:

1 Like

I am all for having as many hams among us as possible. ^_~ Doo eeettt!!

I’ll revive this thread for 2017. If people would rather I start a new one, I can do that too.

I’m planning to bring my portable HF rig with me. It only puts out 5 W, but hopefully that will be enough to make some contacts. I’ll have a couple of antennas I can try putting up, and I have a little computer for digital modes.

Is anyone else bringing HF stuff, or interested in trying it out?

Sweet! May have to brush up on my code before camp.

I’d definitely be interested in playing around with and learning a bit more about HF.

Also, we should probably start a new thread with updated info: (2017 update) Ham radio coordination and roll call