(2017 update) Ham radio coordination and roll call

Simplex: 147.420 MHz, PL tone 123.0 Hz.
@WoofyTheBunny and I lovingly call this frequency “one four seven blaze it” to make it easy to remember. This frequency happens to be the alternate US calling frequency, so it should never crash with any repeater, but it’s unlikely to be in use.

If you’re attending CFT and have a license, please let me know so I can add you to the list below.
@Tyco: KS7INK
@Moka: KR1TTR
@Morse: KE7EQO
@reveille: KK6REV
@SaberTail: AD6OG
@Smackjackal: KK6UWN
@wolfwithdances: K9DAX
@WoofyTheBunny: K9BUN

No repeater so far this year, if you want to bring one, please let me know the settings and I’ll update this post.
Alternatively, I (or rather BLFC) does now own a business-band UHF repeater and license authorized to operate near La Pine, which I can bring, but it’s business band, not ham.

I did a little research and found repeaters near LaPine. Some of the information I found conflicts, and some may be inaccurate, but here is what I found, listed in order of how likely they are to work:
Mt. Bachelor, K7ZM, 145.450 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 103.5 Hz.
La Pine, W6VIP: 145.470 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 162.2 or maybe 103.5 Hz.
La Pine, WA7TYD: 145.490 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 162.5 Hz.
La Pine, K7ZM: 146.960 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 100 Hz.
La Pine, (unknown): 147.140 MHz, positive? offset, CTCSS tone 100 Hz.
Sun River, WA7TYD: 146.640 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 162.5 Hz.
Bend, K7ZM: 145.450 MHz, negative offset, CTCSS tone 103.5 Hz.
Bend, (unknown): 146.940 MHz, negative offset, no tone
Bend, K7RPT: 147.040 MHz, positive offset, no tone
Bend, (unknown): 147.060 MHz, positive offset, no tone
Bend, KB7LNR: 147.360 MHz, positive offset, no tone

I’ll be there, too. AD6OG

I’ll be bringing my FT-817 for HF stuff. It’s a QRP rig, but hopefully 5 W will be enough to make some contacts. I plan to bring a couple of antennas that we can try to get up into the trees. I have a little computer that we can use for digital modes, and I’ll bring my CW key (I’m slooooow, though).

Even if you’re not a General or Extra, you can play with HF as long as someone who is is around.

For anyone who may be curious about ham radio but on the fence about pursuing it, I would like to extend the same offer I have in the past. I will give a BaoFeng UV-5R to any attendee who can show me proof that they’ve passed their tech license exam between now and CFT.

If you give me enough warning I’ll bring it to CFT, otherwise it will be shipped to your home address.