Happenings Update, Attendee list and more!

Hey guys! Just wanted to go over the current status of Campfire Tails! Although I haven’t updated in a while, things are still moving forward full steam ahead! We have a healthy roster of posters over on our forum, the twitter and lj syndicated feeds are up and running, and thus far all is well! To remind people, Campfiretails is Happening at Ogden Group Site C near Paulina Lake in Deschutes National Forest, just 3 miles north of Lapine August 5-9 2010!

Arbitrary Plaid
Bennet
Chris The Tiger
Crowley
Fenderian Mayhew
Koda
Koinu
Mazack
Nogohoho
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Smight
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

Here’s the list of those who have signed up thus far and I’ll update it as more people sign up! To further expand on this, here’s a list of those who are thus far planning to attend!

Riley
Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
Beata
BlackWolf
BluefireJaguar
Carlemot
Charrio
Chrome Kitsune
Crashheart
Cyrll
Drakfyre
Nerwee
Nullenigma
Frobosh
Jaycatt
Kiyosh
Maoing Fox
Mara-San
Niwa-Tora
Shinisuryu

To sign up, head to our website located at http://campfiretails.org and click the registration button on the top of the page, or simply go direct to the registration page by clicking here: http://cft-registration.appspot.com/ and be sure to check out our forums at http://forum.campfiretails.org

Registration starts at 40$ and includes your sleepspace, food and access to all Happenings! For more detailed information, check out the ‘About’ page, linked to on the right side of the page for all the tiers of registration, bus info, and our code of conduct page for policies and rules! To remind everyone, this is an 18+ event, and registration cutoff is July 1st with no on-site registration at the event! There’s just 69 days left to register, so get on it! <3

Our Happenings list is coming along swimmingly thus far. I’ve set up a timetable for anybody wishing to get on stage and perform, from music, to lectures and discussion. If you want to do something in front of people, now’s your chance! Battle fo the Brightest thus far is on! thousands of glowsticks and materials for building your very own suit of glow in the dark armor to do night-time battle with boffers set to music! Help contribute to a creatively decorated yurt project with diagrams and a signup for materials! Tora’s offering to hold a jewelry-making class! Tiggy’s doing bodypainting! Balthazar wants to organize a furry jam band! Shinisuryu wants to hold an improvised storytelling circle! So far things are sounding to be like it’s gonna turn into a real blast!

If anyone has memorable stories or anecdotes from the last Campfire Tails, regale us with your tales and I’ll add them to the next news post on the website!

We still need more volunteers! When you register, you may check off a box offering yourself up as a volunteer helper. If you help us this year by contributing 24 hours to the cause, we’ll offer you a free upgrade from regular attendee to patron, or if you sign up as a patron, free upgrade to sponsor the following year!

Awesome!~

I just registered as Bluefire! :3 Can’t wait for Campfire Tails to get here!

August 5-9 might just be doable… Now all I need to do is find someone to share their tent with a gigantic black man… heh

Hey Crowley, I have a few questions…
When I register next week, I was planning on doing the patron and volunteering. Do I still check the “patron” box or do I need to check “sponsor”? And should I fill the sponsor info. out?

Is it 24 hours straight, or off and on throughout the event?

And lastly, will you guys be assigning tasks, or can we volunteer for specific things? I know that I would really like to come down early and help set everything up , as well as stay late and help take everything down/clean…

[quote=“Pixelito, post:4, topic:47”]Hey Crowley, I have a few questions…
When I register next week, I was planning on doing the patron and volunteering. Do I still check the “patron” box or do I need to check “sponsor”? And should I fill the sponsor info. out?

Is it 24 hours straight, or off and on throughout the event?

And lastly, will you guys be assigning tasks, or can we volunteer for specific things? I know that I would really like to come down early and help set everything up , as well as stay late and help take everything down/clean…[/quote]

You’ll register as normal. I’ll need to alter that post for some clarification. The free attendance upgrade is retroactively applied to next year! The 24 hours will be logged hours on and off during the event. As far as tasks, once registration ends, I’ll begin contacting those who have signed up as volunteers and listing things people can volunteer for, otherwise, we’ll choose for people who don’t do so, or rearrange volunteer duties if we’re sorely lacking in some areas! As far as helping with setup and breakdown, I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile:

Thank you for clarifying that ^^

Commandant Crowley:

Your Emergency Cyrll Medical Robot will require approximately 8 hours of maintenance and repair time per 24 hour period, as stated in the user manual (you did read the user manual right). In the event of a medical emergency during the required downtime, will there be an authorized meatsack to reactivate the Emergency Cyrll Medical Robot?

In other words, if some silly furry decides to play a rousing game of “hug the wildlife” while I’m asleep, will Con-Ops be manned 24/7? I tend to get…weird after my third day without sleep.

Cyrll: At least one or two other staff are certified in CPR first aid and can handle simple issues.

Here’s an updated list of those registered and attending!

Arbitrary Plaid
Bennet
BluefireJaguar
Chris The Tiger
Crowley
Cyrll
Fenderian Mayhew
Koda
Koinu
Mazack
Nogohoho
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Smight
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

And here’s a updated list of those who have expressed interest in registering!

Riley
Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
Beata
BlackWolf
Carlemot
Charrio
Chrome Kitsune
Couger
Crashheart
Drakfyre
Frobosh
Jaycatt
Kiyosh
Maoing Fox
Mara-San
Nerwee
Niwa-Tora
Nullenigma
oCe
Okami
Pan
Rockstarpup
Sparky
Stihl
ThatDudewithCola
Thesselas
Shinisuryu

THANK YOU SHINI FOR REGISTERING! As it stands right now, Our ratio of sponsor to patron to regular registration is 9:1:2! HOLY COW! I can’t even begin to express my gratitude for the love the PNW furry community and it’s members’ drive to see this event work!

Today marks a new major milestone in Campfire Tails’ future history!

This morning Paul, Koda(our totally badical event coordinators) and myself went to the site to apply madness and also witchcraft(trigonometry) and after lots of walking, making lines and papercuts and numbercrunching and possibly some antics involving frolicking and giggling in the gayest way possible while checking out the creek that runs alongside it, we’ve managed to, after several hours, draw up a geographically accurate map of the campsite From the overhead it looks surprisingly similar to a the leaf of a white oak tree! After some discussion and poking about, we’ve come to an agreement on many planning objectives and now have all of our facilities, emergency routes and parking lined up!

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I’ll have the drawings we’ve compiled all cleaned up and available for the public to view, along with a plethora of all new photos courtesy of Koda, Pixelito and Mara-san! At the end of the day(around 6) we decided to make our way up to Paulina lake to grab a few photos and came across a scene that I can only describe as one of the most beautiful lakes I have ever seen in my entire life. It’s like someone grabbed a chunk of the Adirondack mountains and transported it into a little secret pocket called the Deschutes National Forest. The water was a pristine sapphire blue, surrounded on all sides by gorgeous old growth forest, and shouldered by an enormous snowcapped extinct volcano! When we get some photos up in the next days I surely hope that we can offer even the briefest of glimpses into how utterly breathtakingly beautiful this location is. And to add icing to the cake, they offer outboard motorboat rentals!

And of course, a real absolute treat was meeting Mara and Pixelito in-person, who volunteered to come out and shoot photos of the site. The Pacific Northwest has a way of revealing more and more surprises, and these two are no different! As constantly amazes me, I was greeted with the same breed of overwhelming kindness and light-heartedness one should come to expect from the typical Oregon furry, and although oh so far away from the rest of us, they fit right in! After this busy day, I have only bolstered that there’s no doubt this first year will be positively outstanding! Now more than ever I’m so absolutely excited about this, and I hope the rest of you planning to attend are too!
That all being said, here’s a shout out those registered to attend!

Arbitrary Plaid
Bennet
BluefireJaguar
Chris The Tiger
Couger
Crowley
Cyrll
Fenderian Mayhew
Koda
Koinu
Mazack
Nogohoho
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Shinisuryu
Smight
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

We’re starting to get a decently respectable number! Hooray! Don’t forget out of those currently registered, there’s a total of 17 potential 5$ gifts that can be handed out by registrants to those with forums accounts so far, and that number grows with each and every single registration! With 17 gifts ready to be handed out that’s up to 4 people who could potentially get regular admission absolutely free! Make some friends, and maybe you can be a friend in need who gets to come! For details check out the current thread happening here!

http://forum.campfiretails.org/2010-general-discussion/want-to-attend-cft-but-cannot-afford-it-read-on!/

Don’t forget there’s just 46 days left to register! 40 dollars for four days of community, food, lodging and all of your basic needs taken care of, giving you the freedom to have the experience that you, the PNW furry community, designs to your expectation! To register, head to https://cft-registration.appspot.com/ and make sure you don’t miss out on this maiden voyage of Oregon’s first official furry convention! Comments? Concerns? Questions? Memories of the last five unofficial campouts over the last two years that birthed this event? Speak up! Surely I can’t be the only one this pumped up! If you make a mention of previous old tails, I’ll start compiling a list of people’s stories and put them up on the site on a new testimonials page!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend, and check out the staff meet and greet we’re hoping to have taking place at the Roxy meet in Portland coming up next week! Take a flyer, hear some stories, tell your own, and don’t be afraid to say hi, lest we have to come say hi to YOU! <3

And to wrap it up, here’s a list of those planning to register!

Riley
Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
Beata
BlackWolf
Carlemot
Chrome Kitsune
Crashheart
Dblosmith/Nerwee
Drakfyre
Fixit
Frobosh
GreenReaper
Jaycatt
Kiyosh
Kenoshi
Maoing Fox
Mara-San
Nerwee
Niwa-Tora
Nullenigma
oCe
Okami
Pan
Pixelito
Qamron
Rockstarpup
Sparky
Stihl
ThatDudewithCola
Thesselas

Peace!
~Crowley <3

Throw me on the list, bish!

Done!

Arbitrary Plaid
Bennet
BluefireJaguar
Chris The Tiger
Couger
Crowley
Cyrll
Fenderian Mayhew
Koda
Koinu
Maowing Fox
Mazack
Nogohoho
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Shinisuryu
Smight
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

Plan to Register:
Riley
Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
Beata
BlackWolf
Carlemot
Chrome Kitsune
Crashheart
Dblosmith/Nerwee
Drakfyre
Fixit
Frobosh
GreenReaper
Jaycatt
Katra
Kenoshi
Kiyosh
Mara-San
Nerwee
Niwa-Tora
Nullenigma
oCe
Okami
Pan
Pixelito
Qamron
Rockstarpup
Sparky
Stihl
ThatDudewithCola
Thesselas

The person who told me about this con in the first place now can’t go. I’m still trying to find a local fur to go with me, I’d rather go with someone I know than a stranger. I’m missing Califur as it is, I’d still like to come to Campfire Tails. The FC camping trip should be later the same month but I used to camp a lot back in the day so I think I can handle it. :wink:

I hope you find someone to go with! It would be awesome to have some more cali furs representing!

Big thanks to Summer and Katra for registering! I’ll see you both there!

Here’s the updated list!

Registered Attending:

Arbitrary Plaid
Bennet
BluefireJaguar
Chris The Tiger
Couger
Crowley
Cyrll
Fenderian Mayhew
Katra
Koda
Koinu
Maowing Fox
Mazack
Nogohoho
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Shinisuryu
Smight
Summer
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

24 attending so far. Twice as our first event in 2008! Only 20 more people and we’ll exceed last Summer’s turnout!

Unregistered, but planning to Attend:

Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
Beata
BlackWolf
Carlemot
Chrome Kitsune
Crashheart
Dblosmith/Nerwee
Drakfyre
Fixit
Frobosh
GreenReaper
Jaycatt
Kenoshi
Kiyosh
Mara-San
Nerwee
Niwa-Tora
Nullenigma
oCe
Okami
Pan
Pixelito
Qamron
Riley
Rockstarpup
Sparky
Stihl
ThatDudewithCola
Thesselas

40 days left to register!

Well I am all signed up, I just now need too find a way there. I got a month too figure it out though

I’m all registered! ;D

I just registered as well, but it doesn’t look like it linked my forum account… I probably wasnt logged in :-\

The registration system was written by me, the forums not so much. The connection between the two consists of me getting an email notification that somebody has registered, then going “huh? who’s that? do they have a forum account? look through for a matching email”, which can take a bit. :wink:

Sorry for lack of update! A big thanks to Slacker Wolf, Sparky, Ish, Oz, Comatoes and Azlan for registering!

Registered Attending:

Arbitrary Plaid
Azlan
Bennet
BluefireJaguar
Chris The Tiger
Comatoes
Couger
Crowley
Cyrll
Fenderian Mayhew
Ish
Katra
Koda
Koinu
Maowing Fox
Mazack
Nogohoho
Oz
Qamron
Rain420
Ramidi
Renard
Shinisuryu
Slacker Wolf
Smight
Sparky
Summer
Tarka
Tiggy
X_Panther
Z

31 attending so far. That’s about the same size as our turnout last fall! Almost three times as our first event in 2008! Only 13 more people and we’ll exceed last Summer’s turnout!

Unregistered, but planning to Attend:

Arcadiafox
Balthazar
Barton
BlackWolf
Carlemot
Chrome Kitsune
Crashheart
Dblosmith/Nerwee
Drakfyre
Fixit
Frobosh
GreenReaper
Jaycatt
Kenoshi
Kiyosh
Mara-San
Niwa-Tora
Nullenigma
oCe
Okami
Pan
Pixelito
Riley
Rockstarpup
Stihl
ThatDudewithCola
Thesselas

We’re extending registration to July 18th! That’s 36 days left to register!

You can just put Timber, I was being funny when putting ‘Slacker Wolf’ on my Shirt

Noted. :stuck_out_tongue: