Carpooling - Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Eugene and all points northwest

Offering a ride? Reply here and I’ll populate this with a link to your post. Need a ride? Reply as well. :slight_smile:

looking for a lift from eugene both ways. i can offer gas assistance.

I will be driving down from the Seattle area. I can fit one person, and I think I’ll only take one person due to the size of my vehicle. It’s a Mustang… not known for roomy back seats. If anyone needs a ride, you can send me a message on here and I’ll let you know if I can.

I’m in a little place called Dallas but I can get into Salem easy if anyone can help me out with a ride to and from that would be awesome I’m friendly and will help if not split the bill for gas. I can’t commit to registration until I know I got a way to get there.

I’m in Albany, 25 miles at least, south from Salem.
Even if you are a little filled with someone already, I’m only bringing a few essentials like clothes, flashlight, anything that can fit into a backpack.
I’ll be meeting someone at the campsite to stay with, who is bringing all the tent essentials, so I can travel light.
I can provide gas money if necessary.

Granted, i would hope my partner would be there as well, or i might not be able to go.

Hey there everybody. I live in Salem and am looking to get a ride down on the first day of CFT (and back on the last day if you can, if not no big deal. I can make something work at the con. Also, if you’re part of the setup/teardown crew, I’m absolutely cool with coming down with you and volunteering to do the same). I fully intend on paying for gas as well as some road munchies should you want any. :slight_smile:

I’ll be bringing a backpack and a sleeping bag, and that’s it. I can help you setup and tear down your camping gear as well if you want. Text me at 541-390-2435 so we can talk something out. Thanks!

Heya, I don’t think anyone will need to take me up on this, but figured Id post anyway. I live in eastern Oregon, Hermiston area, and will be taking I84 to 97 down to LaPine. If someone needs a ride along that route. I have room for one good size person with gear in my truck if need be, but I could be convinced to detour as far as The Dalles if some gas monies is provided. My schedule is unfortunately fixed, as I’m a setup and construction dude, leaving here at 08:00 and getting to Biggs/Hwy 97 around 09:00, and won’t be leaving the campsite untill everything is packed up on the 7th, and helping to put it away in Bend thereafter. But hey, that means you’d be a perfect construction and takedown volunteer, eh? :wink:

The short version: Portland to La Pine carpooling offer. Have one seat available (with some gear). Read the long version for details.

The long version:

Heading down early on Thursday morning. Have room for one more (with some gear) in my little Toyota 4-door. I’d appreciate some help with gas (to make both ways a bit easier on everyone’s wallet) but it’s not required, as I’d be making the trip anyway. Be prepared to deal with no aircon for the trip, as my car has none, but I’m perfectly happy to have all four windows open fully. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m leaving from Portland at some time to be decided by everyone involved, and arriving in the La Pine area approximately 4 hours later. (Loooong trip.)

My route can take me a couple of ways. The first option takes me through Salem and not much else (taking 22 from there to La Pine), the other route through Salem, Albany, and Lebanon and taking 20 across from there. Anyone in any of those areas is welcome.

Malachai

As a heads up folks, highway 58 from eugene to crescent will have a closure at the tunnel past oakridge right through cft. Plan your routes accordingly.

Sent you a message Malachai.

We have a seat for 1 with little baggage from Vancouver’ $30 gas share needs to be upfront’ we have A/C will be there 2nd-6th

Please PM me if you’re interested and are along one of the three routes that Google Maps shows.

Need a ride both ways from Portland. Hopefully somebody can help me out.

Crap nvm v.v may not have room now >.< someone finally got back to me. I will keep you updated!

Of course, I’d be more than happy to. How much are you figuring?

Just wanted to let y’all know… My carpool spot got taken. :3

[quote=“QuinnLion, post:11, topic:398”]We have a seat for 1 with little baggage from Vancouver’ $30 gas share needs to be upfront’ we have A/C will be there 2nd-6th

Please PM me if you’re interested and are along one of the three routes that Google Maps shows.[/quote]

furries broke my car( the above car) we might have more space, or less. dunno yet

I have space for one or two.

The caveat is that I’ll be heading to camp from the general vicinity of Lake Oswego/Tigard on Wednesday night, so in lieu of gas money you get shanghaied into volunteering on Thursday morning, and you’ll probably be setting your tent up in the dark.

I’ll be heading back to the Portland area on Monday afternoon.

[quote=“Copper Scales, post:16, topic:398”][quote author=QuinnLion link=topic=395.msg3508#msg3508 date=1341112945]
We have a seat for 1 with little baggage from Vancouver’ $30 gas share needs to be upfront’ we have A/C will be there 2nd-6th

Please PM me if you’re interested and are along one of the three routes that Google Maps shows.
[/quote]

furries broke my car( the above car) we might have more space, or less. dunno yet[/quote]

update: got ahold of a pontiac montana so now we can take 3 and more gear
we also now take most major credit/debit cards too

Whats the drive like from portland? Is there a lot of snow and Ice i gotta worry about? my tires are not the greatest and i have rear Wheel Drive (is that how you spell wheel? Doesnt look right) and its a locked rear axle so maybe if i drive slow i can get through ice and stuff but if theres a more dry alternative route please let me know ^^

No ice or snow to worry about this time of year. It’s pretty smooth sailing.