2019 Volunteer Sign-ups!

Welcome to another year of Campfire Tails! My name is Favlaud, the volunteer coordinator, and I’m happy to work with everyone!

For those of you unfamiliar with the way the system works (and there are always tweaks), I hope this thread and the ones linked herein can give you a better idea of what volunteering for CFT brings.

Of course, if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me either here in PM, or at favlaud@campfiretails.org ! Doesn’t matter what your question is about, I’ll do my best to answer it.

I want to make sure that everyone willing to volunteer their time and energy gets what they hope for out of it while helping out a great cause for all attendees. Positions will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and I’ll be updating this thread regularly as people claim shifts and jobs.

Gentle reminder that all volunteers that work at least 7 hours are guaranteed a 50%-off base attendance fee credit and a slot in next year’s pre-registration (2020). Kitchen and Construction volunteers also receive a +1 pre-registration token that they can give to anyone.

Please keep in mind that you need to already be registered to be able to volunteer!

With that, here are the categories where people can help out!

Setup
Construction manager = @Intruder
Construction crews to help set up the facilities for the convention are absolutely vital, and often understaffed! If you have the physical ability to lift, carry, and go wherever needs help the most, this spot’s for you!
Requirements are to be at camp as early as noon on Wednesday, July 31, and no later than 2 PM! Distribution of fire-wood will be a big job at this time, and anyone with a truck will be invaluable in moving infrastructure.

1. GnarledefaitOmbre
  2. Kuwa
  3. Nodnash/Jennifer G.
  4. Kieda
  5. CharlesSky
  6. Fakeman
  7. bastek
  8. Ottermidas
  9. Knox
  10. Gully
  11. Icewolf68
  12. Critter
  13. AurielScorn
  14. beansyboi
  15. Lunania/Coyoli
  16. LilDogMeat
  17. Polybun
  18. Byrd
  19. RobbieThe1st
  20. Minz paws
  21. Gyro
  22. Azirath
  23. archeus
  24. Cody Howl (later)
  25. Dogchomp

Breakdown
Coordinator = @Intruder
The opposite, of course, of setup! These people are the ones making sure everyone gets home on time and everything’s put away snugly for next year. The required times are Monday morning, August 5, and a second time on Tuesday morning, August 6.

1. Digger_Coffeestrypez
  2. GnarledefaitOmbre
  3. Kuwa
  4. Kieda
  5. CharlesSky
  6. Ottermidas
  7. Knox
  8. Gully
  9. Icewolf68
  10. Critter
  11. LilDogMeat
  12. Polybun
  13. Byrd
  14. RobbieThe1st
  15. Gyro

Swag Distribution
@Xander_Frost and @Kilo
Two volunteers needed to help distribute swag!
Thursday 12-5pm
Friday After breakfast and after lunch
Saturday After breakfast

1. Lunania
  2. Istelle + NoobMercury

Kitchen
Chef de cuisine = @Beauchamp , @x_panther
This year, volunteering for the kitchen will work a little differently than in the past. For the start of breakfast prep, to the end of dinner clean-up, the kitchen will be staffed and working!

The day will be divided into three shifts -
1st shift: 08:30AM-11:30AM
2nd shift: 12:00PM-03:00PM
3rd shift: 03:30PM-06:30PM

During the shifts, you’ll be expected to work on a variety of tasks, including prepping ingredients with knives and mandolins, cooking and grilling, serving, as well as dish washing and clean-up. If there’s something you’re unfamiliar with, don’t worry! Part of the fun is learning new skills you can use at home, and we are happy to teach! Since kitchen shifts are limited to 5 people per, and how Kitchen hours add up, shifts are limited to two per individual. Be mindful what kind of cooking you’d like to do and when!

Thursday 8/1
3rd shift

1. Nodnash
  2. Fakeman
  3. bastek
  4. Icewolf68
  5. Critter

Friday 8/2
1st shift

1. Astrius
  2. Dearg
  3. ziggy
  4. darkemberkitty
  5. Coyoli

2nd shift

1. Levi
  2. Rourkie
  3. Icewolf68
  4. Ottermidas
  5. beansyboi

3rd shift

1. WoofyTheBunny
  2. Cernwyld
  3. kieunta
  4. beansyboi
  5. Paylaywuf

Saturday 8/3
1st shift

1. Astrius
  2. ziggy
  3. darkemberkitty
  4. baxterfox
  5. KasoTurian

2nd shift

1. WoofyTheBunny
  2. kieunta
  3. Ottermidas
  4. Sektoth
  5. Cody Howl

3rd shift

1. Cernwyld
  2. Hourglassdemon
  3. Drakewood
  4. LilDogMeat
  5. Malachise

Sunday 8/4
1st shift

1. Critter
  2. Drakewood
  3. Rourkie
  4. baxterfox
  5. KasoTurian

2nd shift

1. Coyoli
  2. Istelle
  3. NoobMercury
  4. Maow
  5. AurielScorn

3rd shift

1. Knox
  2. Hourglassdemon
  3. Maow
  4. AurielScorn
  5. LilDogMeat

Monday 8/5
1st shift

1. Sektoth
  2. trippcat
  3. beancat
  4. Malachise
  5. geoyote15

Gofurs
Coordinator = @Favlaud
This is where the big change from last year will be! The people that apply for this job will work with me on a half-day shift, morning or afternoon, and will be my go-to hands when something pops up. Checking trash cans, restocking facilities, and general handiness are what’s needed most. And the best part? You’ll get radios!

Thursday, August 1

PM

1. Meditation_Dawn
  2. Emarl

Friday, August 2
AM

1. MilesRose
  2. Ampersand

PM

1. Drakewood
  2. beancat

Saturday, August 3
AM

1. Ampersand
  2. Paylaywuf

PM

1. MilesRose
  2. Drakewood

Sunday, August 4
AM

1. Drakewood
  2. trippcat

PM

1. drakchaoswolf
  2. Emarl

Monday, August 5
AM

1. drakchaoswolf
  2. Digger_Coffeestrypez

Finally, why would you volunteer (besides being awesome and helping from your kindness)? Volunteer credits! Please take a look at @Koinu ‘s post regarding rewards and benefits for your time, seen here:

Everyone must register to help out!
Whether that means signing up ahead of time (in this thread), or a spur of the moment assist while at camp, please make sure that I or another staff member get your registered name/handle down. As much as we appreciate people giving what they can, if your name doesn’t get noted, you won’t earn anything toward that credit you might’ve earned. We want to avoid that whenever possible, so bookkeeping is key.

Let’s have fun!

happy to help in the kitchen. friday 2dn or 3rd shift would be fine, if you need me for others let me know.

Hey there. I’m interested in volunteering for the 1st/2nd kitchen shifts on Fri+Sat+Sun.

I’d like help out in the Kitchen for Friday’s 3rd shift and Saturday’s 2nd shift again! Excite! :>

I’d love to help out and be a gofur, I’d like to do August 1st, if that won’t work let me know.

I’m down for helping with breakdown!

I haven’t even released the menu and y’all are already signing up. IM SO EXCITED AND GRATEFUL. I can’t wait to cook with y’all! Thank you!

:dog::two_hearts::fried_egg:

2 Likes

I’m planning on being there on the July 31st to setup and on August 6th to break down. (I’m working with some motion detector lights. And they might actually be better for the bathrooms this year)

Put me the same as WoofyTheBunny. Kitchen Friday 3rd shift and Saturday 2nd shift. :slight_smile:

I’ll go for Friday morning gofur and Saturday night gofur :3

Can I get Friday and Saturday AM gofur

1 Like

I’ll take Setup and Breakdown. ^.^

May I please be put up Friday First Shift and Saturday First Shift?

I’ll be around to help with Breakdown, but I don’t know how helpful I’m going to be. X_x

I’d like to help out in the kitchen, 1st shift Fri, Sat, Sun.

Sign me up for Setup and Thirsday Shift 3 kitchen work!

1 Like

Happy to be a volenteer for Gofur sunday pm, monday pm.

Sign me up and @CharlesSky for setup and takedown please!

2 Likes

Would love to help with a couple cooking shifts. 3rd shift friday, and 3rd shift saturday.

Hi! I’d like to work second shift kitchen Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, please! Thank you!

I’d like to help for setup, and kitchen duties 3rd shift on Thursday.

1 Like