2017 Volunteer Sign-ups!

Hello everyone! My name is Favlaud, and I’m your volunteer wrangler this year!

For those of you unfamiliar with the way the system works (and there
are always tweaks), I hope this thread and the ones linked
herein can give you a better idea of what volunteering for CFT brings.

Of course, if there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach
out to me either here in PM, or at favlaud@campfiretails.org ! Doesn’t matter what your question is about, I’ll do my best to answer it.

I want to make sure that everyone willing to volunteer their time and
energy gets what they hope for out of it while helping out a great
cause for all attendees. Positions will be filled on a first-come,
first-serve basis, and I’ll be updating this thread regularly as people
claim shifts and jobs.

Gentle reminder that volunteers are guaranteed a slot in next year’s registration, and earn a +1 credit for another person if 7 hours of kitchen work is done.

Please keep in mind that you need to already be registered to be able to volunteer!

With that, here are the categories where people can help out!

Setup
Construction manager = MoparSkunk
Construction crews to help set up the facilities for the convention are absolutely vital,
and often understaffed! If you have the physical ability to lift,
carry, and go wherever needs help the most, this spot’s for you!
Requirements are to be at camp as early as noon on Wednesday, August 2,
and no later than 2 PM!

1. Astrius23
  2. Kuwa
  3. Rasbyfox
  4. RobbieThe1st
  5. Ottermidas/DarkEmberKitty
  6. ToxicWusky
  7. Xander_Frost
  8. Nizita
  9. Kieda
  10. CharlesSky
  11. MilesRose
  12. &
  13. Coyoli

Breakdown
Coordinator = MoparSkunk
The opposite, of course, of setup! These people are the ones making sure everyone gets
home on time and everything’s put away snugly for next year. The
required times are Monday morning, August 7, and a second time on
Tuesday morning, August 8.

1. ToxicWusky
  2. Xander_Frost
  3. PraeMorte
  4. Knox
  5. Nizita
  6. Corvus_Swiftwing

Kitchen
Chef de cuisine = Beauchamp
This is where help is most often needed, and where the most appreciation is! Prepping ingredients, watching stoves, and washing dishes are the primary jobs of these volunteers, and there’s unlimited spaces to apply! Shifts are based on mealtimes, so plan to work in shifts that work for you!

Thursday 8/3
Dinner

1. Critter
  2. Rasbyfox
  3. KasoTurian
  4. tyco
  6. Knox
  7. FakeMan

Friday 8/4
Breakfast

1. Astrius23
  2. Kuwa
  3. Nizita
  4. Ottermidas/DarkEmberKitty
  5. FakeMan

Lunch

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius23
  3. Skit
  4. tyco
  6. Knox

Dinner

1. KasoTurian
  2. Nodnash
  3. RufusRyan
  4. NoctisTarnel
  5. WoofyTheBunny

Saturday 8/5
Breakfast

1. Critter
  2. Kuwa
  3. Astrius23
  4. Rasbyfox
  5. Nizita
  6. Ottermidas/DarkEmberKitty
  7. Nizita

Lunch

1. Astrius23
  2. Kuwa
  3. Skit
  4. RufusRyan
  6. WoofyTheBunny

Dinner

1. KasoTurian
  2. Nodnash
  3. NoctisTarnel
  4. Corvus_Swiftwing

Sunday 8/6
Breakfast

1. Critter
  2. Astrius23
  3. Kuwa
  4. Rasbyfox
  5. Nizita
  6. RufusRyan
  7. Ottermidas/DarkEmberKitty
  8. Nizita

Lunch

1. Kuwa
  2. Astrius23
  3. Skit
  4. Ottermidas/DarkEmberKitty
  5. Hawkfeather

Dinner

1. KasoTurian
  2. Nodnash
  3. NoctisTarnel

Monday 8/7
Breakfast

1. Nizita
  2. Hawkfeather

Gofurs
Coordinator = me!
This is where the big change from last year will be! The people that apply for this job will work with me on a half-day shift, morning or afternoon, and will be my go-to hands when something pops up. Checking trash cans, restocking facilities, and general handiness are what’s needed most. And the best part? You’ll get radios!

Thursday, August 3
AM

1. Blink
  2. Lellow

PM

1. Blink
  2. Coyoli

Friday, August 4
AM

1. Critter
  2. Rasbyfox

PM

1. Blink
  2. XanderFrost

Saturday, August 5
AM

1. Intruder
  2. DogChomp

PM

1. ToxicWusky
  2. MilesRose

Sunday, August 6
AM

1. Coyoli
  2. Intruder

PM

1. ToxicWusky
  2. DogChomp

Monday, August 7
AM

1. Xander_Frost

Finally, why would you volunteer (besides being awesome and helping from your kindness)? Volunteer credits! Please take a look at @Koinu ‘s post regarding rewards and benefits for your time, seen here:

Everyone must register to help out!
Whether that means signing up ahead of time (in this thread), or a spur of the moment assist while at camp, please make sure that I or another staff member get your registered name/handle down. As much as we appreciate people giving what they can, if your name doesn’t get noted, you won’t earn anything toward that credit you might’ve earned. We want to avoid that whenever possible, so bookkeeping is key.

Let’s have fun!

1 Like

Hmmm - I think “registered” means on this list, not that you’ve registered for CFT since we can’t do that til May.

At any rate, I’m on for setup (had fun with this last year), dinner Thursday, b-fast Saturday & Sunday, gofur (sounds intriguing) Friday AM.

Looking forward to the end of the world - and I do feel fine…

Yay, volunteering again! I’ll be there for setup, and since dishes are an oft-neglected task for kitchen, I’ll be there with bells on (not literally) to scrub 'em clean. I was thinking of tackling breakfast and lunch dishes from Friday to Sunday. That sound okay? It’s kinda in line with what I did last year. :slight_smile:

Hello! Like last year, I’d love to help with set-up (Mopar’s sense of humor makes the work go by pretty quickly). I’d also love to help with kitchen again. Last year, Astrius and I frequently just jumped on dishes duty, since that was less staffed. I’ll happily do dishwashing again this year (gonda bring gloves this year so my hands don’t die from that much soap). How about breakfast and lunch for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday?

1 Like

Planning to come with Critter. so, I’m up for setup, dinner Thursday and breakfast Saturday & Sunday.
If you need a gofur for Friday AM, count me in.

Yeah, I’m going to aim for setup again like last year.

Hi there! Did you and Kuwa mean both to be on the same shifts? And would you prefer alternating lunch/breakfasts, or are you gonna try for two shifts each a day? Let me know!

Actually, we’d like to work both Lunch AND Breakfast all three days (Firday/Saturday/Sunday) and together would be best! (He’ll probably stay to help me and vice-versa even if we’re not assigned, if we’re on opposite shifts.)

Sign me up for gofur Thursday am and pm and Friday pm for now. Will probably add more later

Sign me up for setup, and gofur saturday am.

Gimmi all the lunches! >:3

Sign me up for build and and break down

I would love to help out with saturday and sunday breakfast. I’ll likely help out with some other stuff as well. This will be my first time at CFT.

I’m willing to help out with all of the breakfast shifts, maybe other shifts if needed. It’ll be my first time at CFT, so I’m excited to meet other furs and have fun.

I’m not sure if this the thread I reply to but I’ll volunteer for set up and tear down. I can volunteer as a Gofur on a day or two as well but I want to make sure all of my planning and such is taken care of before picking a day or two.

Hi there,

would you be willing to help out on dinner shifts? We seem to be filling up rapidly on breakfast helpers, and dinners tend to need the most hands on deck. The choice is yours, but I thought I would ask! I’m glad you;re excited to join us!

Sure, I can help out with the dinner shifts instead.

Much appreciated! I’ll put you down for the same days you had mentioned, just a different shift.

Count me in for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday dinner