What YOU want to see

Got a really great idea for a Happening, but just not sure how to make it work? Or maybe you just have something that you really want to see there. Here is the place to post! We really need your guys ideas to make this the best dam convention possible. I made a thread like last year and didn’t get any response, pleaser give me your ideas and I will do my best to make it happen. I want every one to have fun and to be able to do what they want to do but I cant make it happen with out your support.

Drop a line here or email me at koda@campfiretails.org

one thing id like to see is a “fursuiters lounge” tent as a “ongoing”/openended event tent. If it needs to come down to it, some of the fursuiters can volenterily “donate” a tent and chairs and all to the con for future lounges. i just know that it was kind of a hassle for several of us fursuiter, as either we didnt have tents, or our tents were much too small (short) for us to get suited up in, leaving us no real “choice” other than A) getting suited up out in the open, B) use other people’s tents, or C) use the smelly bathrooms.

Again, let me restate that i do not expect the constaff to buy extra materials for the tent (a tent, chairs, minor sewing kits, etc), nor am i saying that the fursuiters have to donate a those materials either. i’m merely putting the option there for those who do have a larger tent (6’+,5people+) or a couple extra folding chairs.

This is something we are working on. The thing that sucks about being an outdoor event is it makes it really hard to do things like this. One thing that would be great to get people to bring in would be fans and other cooling devices. We will be doing our best to make this event as fursuit friendly as possible.

again, thank you for considering it. i mean, again, if need be, somebody can “lend”/“donate” an extra tent that they might have or not need anymore to the con for this purpose, not saying they have to or anything. just makes it easier for us to suit up and down in private without the stink of the bathrooms or doing it out in the open or wat not. only problem with fans is you’d need a generator to run it. i was thinking of maybe somebody “lending” one of the 5gallon water coolers, buying a solid 5 pound brick of ice and then filling the rest with water. but again thanks for considering it.

I would like to get a new tent for myself before next CFT, one that’s not as huge as my current one. So if I do that I can lend my big one to the cause.

I liked some of the happenings last year =) I’d like to suggest we stay more on time with the scheduling and make a stronger effort into letting everyone know when certain events are happening =)

Heya. Just started discussing CT with my friends and I had just a few ideas lingering in the back of my mind.

I’d love to see:
-Capture the flag (I’ve seen this done with 2 different colored glowsticks distinguishing the 2 teams before)
-Some kind of fun shootout, be it nerf guns, super soakers, marshmallow guns, whatever
-As with other Cons, some implementation of fursuit games/critterlympics
-Something fun and constructive. Was originally thinking of a model rocket build challenge kinda deal but with possible fire danger, etc. I’m thinking of doing something like say soda bottle rockets or something
-I’d like to hold some kind of fursuit construction thing. As many bay area locals know, I build one of my heads at the FC camping trip with 2 lanterns and a car battery/inverter powering my glue gun.
-I’d like to also hold some photoshoot sessions, fursuit or not. Goofy poses, serious photos, fursuit photos, whatev. Prob one during the day and a night shoot as well
-I’ll bring my big ol telescope and would like to set it up one of the nights for stargazing/moonwatching
-I’m thinking a night/flashlight hike would be an interesting idea
-I’d actually like to see a cookoff, something like iron chef style :stuck_out_tongue:
-Going back to my model rocket idea, what I was thinking of is as follows
[pre]I saw this a long time ago but thought it was interesting. Several teams are formed. Materials are provided to build the
rockets, in our case, whatever we decide to build, teams are given a set amount of time, say. 2 hours. When the timer starts,
teams may send one designated individual out to grab supplies. There will be limited supplies and teams may barter with other
teams however they see fit to trade supplies. The teams will build the designated things in the time provided. As with the case
of the model rocket contest, rockets were judged by functionality (do they launch, how far/high do they go, do they land
successfully, etc.) and artistic design. Farther thoughts about things to build. Faux fursuit heads out of really random
household/campsite materials, furry related sculptures of some sort, random campsite objects (ultimate campfire chair,
automatic marshmallow roaster, etc.)[/pre]
-water balloon target practice using a large 3man slingshot and water balloons
-I have no clue how to do this myself, but maybe some dance panel kinda thing, spinning poi, doing cool things with glowy objects in dances, stuff like that.
-A humorous panel about “Living without the internet for 4 days” giving some tips and tricks for the weekend :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s all I can think of as of now, will throw things up if I think of more. Fursuit tentage wise, i personally don’t have a tent but would be interested in working with people on possible ideas for cooling. I’ve done some interesting portable power setups and will possibly have a generator on hand, if not at least a battery bank and inverter set.

Wow Groggy that was a lot of really good ideas! I will go over the list and take a look at which ones we might be able to do. Do you think you could fill our form for one(s) you would like to host? http://forum.campfiretails.org/2011-happening-discussion/happening-form-(must-be-filled-out-if-hosting)/

Any of the left over ideas I will mull over and see who I can find to host them. Thanks so much for your ideas, looking foreword to seeing you at CFT!

[quote=“Koda, post:8, topic:216”]Wow Groggy that was a lot of really good ideas! I will go over the list and take a look at which ones we might be able to do. Do you think you could fill our form for one(s) you would like to host? http://forum.campfiretails.org/2011-happening-discussion/happening-form-(must-be-filled-out-if-hosting)/

Any of the left over ideas I will mull over and see who I can find to host them. Thanks so much for your ideas, looking foreword to seeing you at CFT![/quote]

Finally got my reg taken care of, so now on to happenings. I’d be willing to host for any of those previous ideas i listed. Lemme know what sounds good and I’ll fill out a form and get to planning.