Water "balloon" fight without the cleanup hassle

These wouldn’t be that hard to make, and maybe we can get a group of people together to assemble these at-camp! Methinks 100-150 should be good for the traditional CFT water fight, and best of all, saves us from scouring wet ground for tiny fragments of brightly-colored rubber.

1 Like

Oooh I like it…we could even re-use it every year if they don’t get too dirty!

As long as the bucket for re-soaking them is fairly deep, dirt should just sink to the bottom and they can be re-used even during the same water fight :wink:

So the question becomes - do you want to try to get volunteers to work on making these before CFT, or just get a big group together and bang them out at CFT and call it a happening?

Also, I’ll see if the upholstery foam I find for free at work might be an acceptable substitute for sponges, making this project essentially free.

I’m all about it!

[quote=“tyco, post:3, topic:671”]So the question becomes - do you want to try to get volunteers to work on making these before CFT, or just get a big group together and bang them out at CFT and call it a happening?

Also, I’ll see if the upholstery foam I find for free at work might be an acceptable substitute for sponges, making this project essentially free.[/quote]

Tyco, if you’d like to make this a happening, let me know! I’ve posted a tentative schedule of events already, but I’d be more than happy to add this in!

I just tested it out with upholstery foam, and it works surprisingly well.
They soak up plenty of water, and splat satisfyingly when they hit the side of my car (my test target). They still retain quite a bit after impact though. Dirt falls right off of them when you put them back in the bucket to take up more water.

Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m gonna have the vehicle space to bring the requisite pile of foam, and I don’t have the budget to buy 100+ sponges. Perhaps next year? Plus, I’m now committed to doing “Hang the Wagon and Bash it” this year.

However, I’m going to be heading to the Corvallis area two weeks after CFT for my high school friend’s wedding, and I could drop off a pile of foam for someone to sit down at their leisure and make a bunch of these sponge balls. Shall we discuss logistics of this at CFT sometime?

The easiest way to wash them would be to use a PlugerBucket washing machine. hmmmm

and I believe we conveniently still have one of those thanks to Mallow!