Volunteer job listings

For those that are wanting to volunteer in the kitchen but dont have a Oregon Food Handlers card, you can obtain one here http://www.orfoodhandlers.com/ this is a legitimate Oregon website that issues DIGITAL copies that you can print out on your own time. warning: there is a 10$ fee. but hey, its something else you can add to your resume!

though prep-cook experience will come in handy, its not a requirement to work in the kitchen with me. just be prepared to have lots of furs watching what your doing XD hell ill probably run it like a cooking show like every other time XD

remember, if you are volunteering in the kitchen you NEED to bring a copy of your Oregon Food Handlers license for us to keep on file!

hey x_panther…might want to contact me BEFORE next tuesday so we can set up a meeting place in bend. dont really want to go all the way down to the camp site,back to bend, back to the campsite, and then back through bend again. idk what stores you want to hit up, we have a costco, fred meyer, three safeways two albertsons a grocery outlet n a food4less. so take your pick. the closest stores coming from lapine would be albertsons fred meyer costco and safeway

Updated again. Also, to belatedly answer Copperscales’ question: Please bring it! If anyone has rakes to bring with them(we only have 2) for cleanup and breakdown day it would be much appreciated!

will do its gonna be a bitch to fit in my car

Some editing’s been done, and there’s some openings that were previously closed!

Assuming I’m a go down with Maowingfox (he just said ‘sure’ but planning) i can fill in anywhere that doesn’t need a license.

[quote=“x_panther, post:21, topic:126”]For those that are wanting to volunteer in the kitchen but dont have a Oregon Food Handlers card, you can obtain one here http://www.orfoodhandlers.com/ this is a legitimate Oregon website that issues DIGITAL copies that you can print out on your own time. warning: there is a 10$ fee. but hey, its something else you can add to your resume!

though prep-cook experience will come in handy, its not a requirement to work in the kitchen with me. just be prepared to have lots of furs watching what your doing XD hell ill probably run it like a cooking show like every other time XD

remember, if you are volunteering in the kitchen you NEED to bring a copy of your Oregon Food Handlers license for us to keep on file![/quote]

You can get 'em cheaper here. They’ve got a sale for $7.99
http://orfoodcard.com

[quote=“Maowing Fox, post:27, topic:126”][quote author=x_panther link=topic=106.msg975#msg975 date=1280136630]
… you can obtain one here http://www.orfoodhandlers.com/ this is a legitimate Oregon website that issues DIGITAL copies that you can print out on your own time…
[/quote]

http://orfoodcard.com[/quote]

hmmm… id call the DHS before going to a site that claims to a sale price on a state regulated document o.O it just sounds suspicious o.o; especially with ‘discounts’ x.x;

Okay I got my food handler certification, so put me down for kitchen duty, whenever I guess. I can also do grounds maintenance at some point…sorry to be vague but I don’t know what times would be best. As long as it doesn’t conflict with my class, anyways. I can also help clean up on Monday but I don’t think psychill and I should stay terribly late as we have a long drive home. :slight_smile:

[quote=“x_panther, post:28, topic:126”][quote author=Maowing Fox link=topic=106.msg1033#msg1033 date=1280461077]

http://orfoodcard.com
[/quote]

hmmm… id call the DHS before going to a site that claims to a sale price on a state regulated document o.O it just sounds suspicious o.o; especially with ‘discounts’ x.x;[/quote]I got suspicious as soon as I saw that the link you posted was .com and not .gov, but for anyone who’s wondering, Oregon allows outside agencies to issue cards, however, there are sites out there that are no good. Both links posted here are good though.

[quote=“Maowing Fox, post:19, topic:126”]I’m up for General land cleanup: Monday 3pm - 9pm Wednesday - 6 hours
I’m down for General Breakdown: 12pm-6pm Monday - 6 hours
I’m in ground for Grounds Maintenance Volunteer #1 (10am - 2pm): Monday: - 4 hours
I will just be a Food service Volunteer #2 (11am - 1pm): Thursday thru Saturday: Sunday: - 8 hours

24 hours total.[/quote]

Uht-oh, problemo! Looks like the only one you filled me in for is the food service one.

okay so i was thinking id just ask this just so incase there are others of us who are volunteering on wendsday that have the same question. i live in redmond and am going to come down there to volunteer and then come back up to redmond and then go back down there thursday. would it be “cool” if after i put in my time and before (or after) the volunteer thing (whatever is planned for the volunteers after dinner), if i set up my tent? just so that way it’d be one less thing id have to bring back down there on thursday. i assume that the camping spots are “assigned” os i could set up my tent wherever. also, in kind of a seperate, but simular, question (which i hope doesnt mess up any plans), if it is “assigned camping spaces”, would it be okay if Ingavar Khaos’ and my tent area’s are next to eachother? its okay if it cant be (ie, spots are already assigned/planned out).

if you’re on setup day, feel free to set up your tent whenever you have the free time to do so! Also sparky, anytime you can fill that doesn’t bite into personal or school time are the ones you want. I don’t have your school schedule handy, so let me know what times don’t conflict with your class <3

okay so is the camping places first come first served or is it assigned or what?

does the same apply to land rehabiltation on tuesday

First-come first-served for tent setup. Also Tuesday? If you mean breakdown, then sure. But we’re going to be out of the park no later than 2pm.

ok

I don’t know when my class will be, yet. I figure we can look at the schedule when I get there and pick a time. Also, on the subject of “assigned” spaces…I’m getting there Wednesday but my friends won’t be there 'til Thursday, guess I can’t try and save a space near my tent? Its okay if I can’t, we were just wondering. It might just happen that no one pitches next to me on Wednesday anyways.

Due to a staff injury during peparations and the resulting logistical issues, we will not be onsite at the campground until at least 3pm.

Oh no. :frowning: Hope its not too bad! Well I’m glad I checked here…