The "Safety" Tent

Yes. This is a great idea. :3 I’d be somewhere in the middle though X3

Not sure if I’m totally on board for the time structured camps. From what I saw the whole idea of the camp is to be a free formed, do as you see fit (choose your own adventure as it were) environment. Categorizing the camps would encourage more policing, organization, and less of the format I see as the goal, in my opinion. Just let everyone know where the party tent/s/gazebo/tiki-bar/geo-dome/pit of sin will be placed. I have faith enough in the group of attendees I saw to believe that we’ll group ourselves into the camps we enjoy the most. Like yellow camp, it was largely a retreat for those wishing not to be in the middle of chaos. A nice quiet camp where some chilled and others went to pass out. I’m not sure how I would’ve gotten by without my designated pass out area. Thanks to Travis/Nogo for having the foresight to set up our camp away from the center. Think like the party floor of FC, if you didn’t want to be up at strange hours, than don’t get a room on the party floor… or directly below it for that matter.

To reiterate: don’t make it a rule, just make the party area a designated party only area from the start (or earlier).

I like what littledionysus said about less structure. I think it should just be clear the closer to the epicenter, the louder it will be, at all times. Just let people know to set up on the outskirts if they want quiet nights.

I think the noise and partying that ended up localized around camp green and blue wasn’t just due to the safety tent being there (although I’m sure CKs efforts happily contributed to keeping people there, and happy, and partying late… :3 same with the booze tent) but even more so, it was also the dancefloor and dj equipment. It didn’t set up till a day after all the tents, and got set up right next to blue/green. A dancefloor and music till 1am makes more sense away from tents, or… at least… maybe campers could have been told ahead of time where the party was gonna get setup so we could have set up our camp further away? Just for noise levels, and sleeping and all

How bout the safety tent goes near the dance floor which will go near the happening area?

[quote=“littledionysus, post:22, topic:368”]Not sure if I’m totally on board for the time structured camps. From what I saw the whole idea of the camp is to be a free formed, do as you see fit (choose your own adventure as it were) environment. Categorizing the camps would encourage more policing, organization, and less of the format I see as the goal, in my opinion. Just let everyone know where the party tent/s/gazebo/tiki-bar/geo-dome/pit of sin will be placed. I have faith enough in the group of attendees I saw to believe that we’ll group ourselves into the camps we enjoy the most. Like yellow camp, it was largely a retreat for those wishing not to be in the middle of chaos. A nice quiet camp where some chilled and others went to pass out. I’m not sure how I would’ve gotten by without my designated pass out area. Thanks to Travis/Nogo for having the foresight to set up our camp away from the center. Think like the party floor of FC, if you didn’t want to be up at strange hours, than don’t get a room on the party floor… or directly below it for that matter.

To reiterate: don’t make it a rule, just make the party area a designated party only area from the start (or earlier).[/quote]

Im in total agreement. No more structure or policing needed, just let people know ahead of time when they’re setting up camp where the dj floor/pot tent is so they can camp away from it next time. I got no such heads up until a day later, that the green tent 25 feet away was gonna smell like skunk all weekend… And then that night the dj stand and lights started getting set up and… yeah. I think it’d be nice if staff just were aware of the locations ahead of time, so campers could be in the know too? (And the skunk smell… just an expression. You guys actually kept it fairly discrete, so, thank you)

Safety tent, crashheart, Safety tent.

Hmm, so it seems like the you guys don’t really care too much for semi-structured camps, and just general areas then?

Sounds okay to me. Though, yeah, safety tent and dancefloor would be best planned out before we arrive on site instead of it just happening in the middle of aqua ;p

Part of the problem was that the campsites got rearranged from the ORIGINAL map that was sent out that everything was planned on. I remember planning several of the construction sites around the original map and was kinda peeved when the camps got moved on Thursday and the map was redrawn completely differently. That alone made it very hard to set up FIRM camp lines.

Green or Blue ended up getting almost nothing, while the other colour got everything. So it made more sense to organize it into one camp area… as far as that goes.

Once again, because everything got redrawn just before thursday’s checkin. The original map had everything fairly even. Blue camp was originally the closest one to the happenings area to boot.

[quote=“Crowley, post:19, topic:368”]Koda and Z came up with a really neat idea I expanded on:

Instead of separating camps by color, we separate them by noise by allowing attendees to create their own mini theme camps within their bigger camp. Like informal ad hoc happenings, it would have wristband checkers in the drinking tents (Like CK’s safety tent) and happenings volunteers assisting where needed. Further towards the sandbox is the noisiest, getting quieter. Managed with enforced noise control. Let’s say, figuratively, that we have 5 camps. Camp 1, closest to the sandbox has a quiet time of 2am. Camp 2 is 1am, Camp 3 is midnight, Camp 4 is 11pm, Camp 5 is 10pm. Adjustable/more nameable once a full map is scribed. For individuality’s sake, each camp gets a blank white flag and the campers there can decorate it however they see fit using their resources on hand.

Thoughts?[/quote]

well i think that we should also have a “standard” of what the term “quiet” and “reasonable level” is too, seeing as the conbook said that between 10pm and 2am conversations were to be held at “reasonably quiet levels”, yet when Helena and i came back on Saturday night around 1130, and went straight to bed, the noise from what we assume was Davey’s bday party continued on til about 1230 or later (didnt check but it seemed liek it must have been an hour or more). and we were on the edge of camp, a good 100 plus yards from where it was happening. so maybe have a “rule” that after about 11pm, anything more than a normal speaking voice (parties, happenings, etc) are to be moved to the happening/kitchen area.i think having camps sectioned out would be too much work, trying to set the boundaries, and having to readjust them if one camp gets full and everything. think it would be easier ijust to move the noise to the area

While the whole idea of moving the parties to designated party areas is all fine and Said, the thought of actually having a time designated and appropriate sound level is… a wet dream. Though a pretty picture of a quiet camp is nice, actually keeping 100+ furs quiet is…
The air is clear, the tents thin,
and the noise will carry.
The bathrooms will stink
The furs will con party, the water won’t be warm,
The drink will flow, the plans won’t go as planned,
I will talk talk, I will be safe, I will be respectful,
and My noise will carry.

2 Likes