Sponsor/Patrion/Staff gift Idea

Well, that’s a long title. But I couldn’t think of anything else to say. But the meat of the post is as follows:

In the Desert, you’re out in the sun and you’re pretty much baking in the heat. And your head is the first thing to get hit as well, it’s on top of your body. Least I hope it is. But, I was surfing the net and I remembered that I use a buff when I’m fursuiting. It keeps moisture away from the body, my head warm in the winter, and cool in the summer. So, I did a bit of research and I came across this page : http://www.buffwear.com/pages/customized.php : and I figured that I would toss it up on here so that the staff peoples can see it, and maybe others who want to get in on Sponsor/Patron in case that they want one of these.

You’ve gotta get 50 minimum, and I’m not too sure about how much each of them would be. but, I figured that it’d be worth seeing about getting as it’d be a gift that’s functional, easy to maintain and you can just wear it on your head and keep it somewhat cool in the high desert sun while you’re running around being a furry in the middle of no where.

What do y’all think?

I think it’s a great idea, but the 20$ pricetag per unit has me shaking my head initially. I’ll see what the bulk discount is if people think this is something they’d like to have instead of, say, a shirt.

would you put the cft logo on it? Cuz I just saw the mascot art Rain posted on the art thread, and wondered if anyone had considered making the bandanas the mascots are wearing?

I read the description for the buff wear stuff and wondered how many people would actually wear it… but I guess they seem pretty versatile for the active set

http://www.themadbackpacker.com/uploads/buff_uses.jpg

I have to wonder if a bandana wouldnt be just as fun though?

[quote=“crashheart, post:3, topic:411”]would you put the cft logo on it? Cuz I just saw the mascot art Rain posted on the art thread, and wondered if anyone had considered making the bandanas the mascots are wearing?

I read the description for the buff wear stuff and wondered how many people would actually wear it… but I guess they seem pretty versatile for the active set

http://www.themadbackpacker.com/uploads/buff_uses.jpg

I have to wonder if a bandana wouldnt be just as fun though?[/quote]

I want a bandanna :open_mouth:

Bandannas would be nice. o3o. As long as they fit big headed people that is. haha

A bandanna would be awesome! Like the one that someone made for their dog last year :smiley:

+1 for bandannas :>

I could make custom embroidered bandannas if provided with a logo…

Seriously guys I have professional sewing and embroidery software/equipment and I’ve yet to make stuff for this event. Just sayin’. :wink:

I wouldn’t mind seeing an embroidered version of the bandana I made for my dog last year if it sounds like a plausible idea. It was basically what I used in the piece I made for the conbook ( https://d.facdn.net/art/okamiwolf/1312948953.okamiwolf_conbook2.png ) only with the three primary colors rather than a full rainbow

That would be cool Okers, I’d love to have a bandana like that. :open_mouth:

[quote=“Sparky, post:8, topic:411”]I could make custom embroidered bandannas if provided with a logo…

Seriously guys I have professional sewing and embroidery software/equipment and I’ve yet to make stuff for this event. Just sayin’. ;)[/quote]

I love this idea!

I am looking into this right now. Unfortunately as I recall budgets were finalised at the last meeting so I’d have to swallow the cost. So if I do this it will only be for Staff and Patrons more likely than not.

If these are to be Patron gifts though I think they need to be specific to the year…right? Should I do the plain CFT with the stripes or should I do something within the theme with the year included?

Or should I just make a whole bunch and let people buy them for like $5 each, with the profits going back to CFT?

Let’s chat. Maybe we can work something out.