Sketchiest Roadster in Oregon

OOOOhohohohoho, and you people thought my ride offers were wack in previous years! Avaliable one very comfortable leather bucket seat in Oregon’s (and possibly the world’s!) sketchiest, shittiest and least safe roadster ever!

What’s a roadster? That’s a car with no roof! Not a convertable mind you, they have roofs you can put up, roadsters don’t! In this ones case it’s a “flat deck” roadster, in other words, no windshield, just a little pop up sports type wind screen. All built on the finest Mercury had to offer in 1978, the Cougar! Bring your 8 track tapes!!

FAQ
Is it really that unsafe?
Yes… seriously… Although… I mean it’s not that less safe than my other car… maybe more safe, I mean it’s got disc brakes.

What should I bring to survive?
Very warm coat (it could be damn cold headed over the cascades, heats broken… as if it really mattered anyway),
Rain jacket
Jacket
Motorcycle Helmet
Gogles, tinted and maybe a clear set as well
Chap stick
Gloves, warm ones… probably water proof ones
Sun screen
Hat, one that can be made uncomfortably tight so it doesn’t blow off at 70mph
Trash bags to put your stuff in so it stays dry if it rains. For such a big car the trunk is freakin’ tiny.

Protip: The doors are welded shut, you have to climb over them or up across the trunklid or walk across the hood using the bumper as a step. So if you are mobility challenged, we can get you in the thing but getting out may include a tuck and roll.

3 Likes

Update, I did a test run from portland to madras via highway 26, and then north onto 97 and 197 through Maupin onto I84. It’s almost too reliable and comfortable. 21mpg as well. What the hell… I expected it to be far far worse.

That car is amazing!!! Would love to ride around in this thing!! :heart_eyes:

It can happen, just again, I’m going for setup and tear down. That means I’m there Wednesday by noon and not leaving till Tuesday morning, maybe Monday afternoon. So if you can handle the couple extra days in the woods, out yourself on the volunteer roster for setup and tear down. I plan to be “wheels up” at 7am. So you’ll need to have to shit ready at like 6am.

Ok folks, looks like you missed you chance to die! Ride is taken… Somewhat. If someone still needs a ride out from Portland on Wednesday I can do that… But the ride back might be a hot mess.

21 mpg? Holy crap, I only get 8.9 mpg! Thankfully I live nearby.

I got mad tuning skills. That aside that’s what the EPA rating for the car was. Hell, my 1960 Dodge got 20 as well… Till I put 235s all the way around it and a high rise.

This topic was automatically closed 208 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.