Registration Error

I’ve been slacking and didn’t get around to registering until today, when I got to the end and clicked the last confirm payment button (or whatever it said) I got an error.

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/ext/webapp/__init__.py", line 513, in __call__ handler.post(*groups) File "/base/data/home/apps/cft-registration/1.343228240367169599/registration/handlers.py", line 306, in post details = paypal.execute_query(pp_query) File "/base/data/home/apps/cft-registration/1.343228240367169599/registration/paypal.py", line 43, in execute_query method=urlfetch.POST File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/urlfetch.py", line 241, in fetch return rpc.get_result() File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/apiproxy_stub_map.py", line 501, in get_result return self.__get_result_hook(self) File "/base/python_runtime/python_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/urlfetch.py", line 331, in _get_fetch_result raise DownloadError(str(err)) DownloadError: ApplicationError: 5

I don’t know if my registration went through or not, I’m guessing no but I don’t really want paypal to take my monies twice if it did :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like it went thru in my paypal now so maybe it did work?

Also, I’m probably just blind, but I didn’t see anywhere to put someones name down to give the $5 credit to? Although I don’t know who hasn’t registered yet who would want it? Maybe OkiWolf? I see they posted yesterday about being able to register last min :stuck_out_tongue:

Ack. That’s definitely a failure that should not have happened.

I’ll get in touch with our payments guy to double-check that the payment actually went through as far as our account is concerned, then fix things up and send you a PM with a link to where you can send the ‘Help a Friend’ gift. :slight_smile:

Ok, Thanks :smiley:

Also, if it is any help, I was using Chrome when I registered.

I use Chrome as well—great browser, but this fuck-up was server-side: a combination of Google’s Appengine suffering an unexpected kind of internal failure, and my code being written with the assumption that a particular call would only ever fail in the ways they documented that it might fail.

As soon as our payments guy gets back to me, I’ll get your registration all sorted out. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Nava, post:2, topic:116”]Looks like it went thru in my paypal now so maybe it did work?

Also, I’m probably just blind, but I didn’t see anywhere to put someones name down to give the $5 credit to? Although I don’t know who hasn’t registered yet who would want it? Maybe OkiWolf? I see they posted yesterday about being able to register last min :P[/quote] I got a job so I can register with real monies along with the discounts I’ve already gotten :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to give it to me, but every bit helps if you want to anyway. Hope your payment went through fine.

[quote=“OkiWolf, post:6, topic:116”]I got a job so I can register with real monies along with the discounts I’ve already gotten :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to give it to me, but every bit helps if you want to anyway. Hope your payment went through fine.[/quote]

Congrats on the job :smiley:

My payment did go through fine and they got everything taken care of :smiley:
I sent you a discount (I think) already :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Nava, post:7, topic:116”][quote author=OkiWolf link=topic=95.msg704#msg704 date=1279061797]
I got a job so I can register with real monies along with the discounts I’ve already gotten :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t have to give it to me, but every bit helps if you want to anyway. Hope your payment went through fine.
[/quote]

Congrats on the job :smiley:

My payment did go through fine and they got everything taken care of :smiley:
I sent you a discount (I think) already :P[/quote] Recieved! Thank you!