Post-Dark Lunch Shoutout post

Thank you everyone who made our second year of Dark Lunch absolutely incredible this year. In total we raised 750$ for PAWS, which is enough that there will be a Campfire tails Cat and Dog kennel as well at 250$ extra dollars to help with wildlife conservation. The Dark Lunch Premium pass in particular turned out amazing, and we will for sure be returning next year with more cookies for everyone.

I want to give a huge shoutout to everyone from the Dragon Heights crew who all contributed to make this happen, but want to give an individual shoutout to the following -

Maly - My amazing wife who helped me come up with the idea last year when I got a huge grill and wanted a good excuse to bring it to camp. She helped with every aspect of Dark Lunch, and spent the last few days before camp baking cookies for the pass holders. Thank you so much for your help, and I feel so good about the animals we helped. I love you so much and can’t wait to see the faces of the people at PAWS when we turn in the money very soon.

Beau - When I decided to do Pancakes on Saturday night I could of never imagined how much work that would end up being. Beau spent his Saturday night cooking phenominal pancakes for everyone after spending the rest of the day organizing and cooking the other meal services for all of camp. You are an amazing person, and helped so much to make my questionably bad idea work our great for everyone. Thank you so much for your help and sorry you fell asleep before we could give you your well earned bacon.

Tyco - Tyco took over late Sunday night and helped to finish up our last remaining supplies. Thank you for your help, and I look forward to coordinating with you next year to make it even better.

Ampersand - Thank you for your work haranguing people in line and keeping those waiting entertained. Your megaphone skills are the stuff of legend.

Lexicon, Fae, Marona, Emarl, Aeto, and everyone else that helped out - I know I called it out a bit above, but thanks again for making Dark Lunch the great event it was this year. We couldn’t of done it without you.

If anyone got Dark lunch and didn’t donate, or wants to help even more with our local pet and wildlife organization please visit https://www.paws.org/support/donate/ and give to cash to help improve the lives of animals in the pacific northwest

4 Likes

Y’all, I had so much fun helping out! Next year, I’ll have more time to boogie so maybe we should do another collab?! Thank you jondi, maly, and crew for putting in all this effort and for facilitating this fundraiser!

3 Likes

now that I have the feel for CFT I’ll be putting way more into helping y’all with cooking next year. we’ll have to brainstorm stuff!

2 Likes

I definitely want to plan on helping y’all out more too. Maybe I’ll plan on making some delicious brownies (both regular and vegan) to contribute next year!

Dark lunch is definitely one of my highlights for the last two years of CFT.

2 Likes

That would be awesome! I am hoping that I can hand off a night or two of dark lunch next year to others so I can wander around after midnight or just focus on the movies/dances… maybe even get my own dark lunch I didn’t have to cook. Then I can probably help out in the kitchen during the day like I have been meaning to do for the last 3 years.

I will start working that out sometime next May when my brain clicks back over into camping/burn mode.

1 Like

aw gosh!!! I’m so glad we got to do this fun thing, and I’m so proud of everyone for how much we raised for the animals.

And I’m so SO proud of our Dark Lunch crew, both the Dragon Heights team and our volunteer cooks. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jondi, you worked so hard every night to make sure Dark Lunch happened, all while managing our weird power grid and A/V stuff. I know you pushed through exhaustion and tried your hardest to keep everything flowing, and I appreciate your dedication to the cause. I’m a lucky Maly to have such a good dragon husband <3

Guys, for a camp of 240 people, we raised $750. That’s like $3 per person. That’s an INCREDIBLE ratio for such a small group of people working towards an unofficial charity thing - I couldn’t be more proud of people’s hearts than I am of all of yours.

2 Likes

Thank you Dragon Heights for Dark lunch! We <3 you all. I totally am gonna bust my butt next year to give y’all a hand with things

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.