Menu CFT2014

Attention ladies, gentlemen, and smizmars:

The following is the Mostly Final Menu for the campout. YAY! I do realize some of the food is the same as the previous years, BUT you guys liked it so much (and demanded it several times through the years up til now) I figured a repeat performance was in order. Besides, how many times a year do you get this caliber of food from a campout? :3

This year the menu has been reworked a touch to expand the veggiefur meals a bit more. Welcome Pelow to the kitchen crew! As a VeggieFur she will be heading the meatless meals and helping me out in the kitchen tremendously. :3

Meal times are roughly

10am Breakfast
2pm Lunch
5:30pm Dinner (Target - No later than 6:30pm)

If you have any questions or comments on the menu, be nice <3 and I’ll try not to make you sick <3

Menu CFT 2014 – Caulk the Wagon and Float It

Meatless Alternatives are in parenthesis () and are only available to those that have registered as a vegetarian :slight_smile:

Thursday Dinner
-German Potato Salad
-Brats on a Bun (Mozzarella Mushroom Burgers with Red Wine reduction)

Friday Breakfast
–Patron/Sponsor
-Seven Grain Hot Breakfast
-milk
–Regular
-cold cereal

Friday Lunch
–Patron

• Xander’s Zesty Mac 'n Cheese
    –Regular/Sponsor
    -PBJ or coldcut sandwich

Friday Dinner
-Cobb Salad
-Loaded Baked Potato
-Veggie Chile

Saturday Breakfast
–Patron/Sponsor
-Buckwheat Pancakes
–Regular
-cold cereal

Saturday Lunch
–Patron

• Chevon Gyro w/ Hand Made Hummus (Mushroom Medley Gyro)
    –Sponsor/Regular
    -PBJ or coldcut

Saturday Dinner (CFT2012 Favorite)
-Spinach and Red Leaf Salad
-Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce (Pelow’s Veggie-Wraps)
-Lime Rice

Sunday Breakfast
–Patron/Sponsor
-Chorizo and Egg Burritos (Soyrizo and Egg Burritos)
–Regular
-cold cereal

Sunday Lunch
–Patron

• Hawkfeathers Modified Flautas (Black Bean Flautas)
    –Sponsor/Regular
    -PBJ or Coldcut sandwich

Sunday Dinner

• Baby Greens
  • Grilled Porkchops with RedEye BBQ Sauce (Mujaddara Arabic Lentil Rice )
  • Pickled Veggie Slaw

Sunday Cake Social

Monday Breakfast
–Free for all Breakfast Burritos [whatever is left in the kitchen!] (ditto!)

ALSO! I still need volunteers to help in the kitchen! If you really wanna eat, then help me out! x.X or you make pamfurs cry ;.;

[quote=“x_panther, post:1, topic:670”]Sunday Cake Social[/quote]This. Right here. Best idea ever!

I can cook if you need help, I have some kitchen experience.

Good to hear! If you haven’t seen it yet, here is the volunteer thread which has all the details about the work, and how to added to the schedule:

http://forum.campfiretails.org/2014-recruitment/kitchen-volunteers-cft-2014/

Would it be possible to have the cheese on the side for the veggie dishes? It would go a long way towards making sure that people who are vegans or lactose intolerant (or simply don’t like cheese) can eat these meals too. :slight_smile:

Can you tell me if there is any dairy or eggs in the veggie dishes other than cheese, and if so which ones? Thanks!

[quote=“Feyala, post:5, topic:670”]Would it be possible to have the cheese on the side for the veggie dishes? It would go a long way towards making sure that people who are vegans or lactose intolerant (or simply don’t like cheese) can eat these meals too. :slight_smile:

Can you tell me if there is any dairy or eggs in the veggie dishes other than cheese, and if so which ones? Thanks![/quote]

Obviously, Our Mozzerella Mushroom burgers are going to have cheese on them. We are cooking them them with the cheese to melt it onto the patty as far I know. The best thing I can suggest is to remind us in person on site that you’d want it on the side, or simply not want it at all. The salads do contain cheese, but we will try to serve that on the side if requested. And naturally, feel free to give us reminder in person about that since we will be quite busy.

The Mac 'n Cheese and Potato Salad unfortunately aren’t vegan. Its too close to the event to change that at this point in time I’m afraid. :<

Hmm, considering I dislike both mushrooms AND melted cheese… I’m probably going to want to just skip the mozzarella mushroom burger. If I were to bring my own veggie patty for Thursday night, could I get the kitchen peeps to grill it for me? (I bring my own stove and can cook for myself… but grilling is simply superior when it comes to burgers! :wink:

Also, what will be in the dinner “veggie wraps”? Hopefully more than just mushrooms, so I can ask to leave those off?

Looking forward to the chili (that was my fave last year!), and Mujaddara Arabic Lentil Rice sounds awesome. Thanks for including more beans and lentils, they are my staples!

[quote=“oCe, post:7, topic:670”]Hmm, considering I dislike both mushrooms AND melted cheese… I’m probably going to want to just skip the mozzarella mushroom burger. If I were to bring my own veggie patty for Thursday night, could I get the kitchen peeps to grill it for me? (I bring my own stove and can cook for myself… but grilling is simply superior when it comes to burgers! :wink:

Also, what will be in the dinner “veggie wraps”? Hopefully more than just mushrooms, so I can ask to leave those off?

Looking forward to the chili (that was my fave last year!), and Mujaddara Arabic Lentil Rice sounds awesome. Thanks for including more beans and lentils, they are my staples![/quote]

I can grill that up for you if you’d like, but it won’t be untill we have our regularly scheduled meal for the rest of the campers cooked though, since we will be using the grill for a good portion of that. That being said, it being a single patty should take no time at all!

The veggie wraps do not contain any mushrooms, so you should be safe there. They are mostly lettuce, tofu, cucumber, and carrots.

And yes, more beans and lentils this year! We worked a good bit to enhance our vegetarian options, and plan to expand on that a fair bit in the coming years. :smiley:

[quote=“Hawkfeather, post:6, topic:670”][quote author=Feyala link=topic=687.msg5019#msg5019 date=1405789428]
Would it be possible to have the cheese on the side for the veggie dishes? It would go a long way towards making sure that people who are vegans or lactose intolerant (or simply don’t like cheese) can eat these meals too. :slight_smile:

Can you tell me if there is any dairy or eggs in the veggie dishes other than cheese, and if so which ones? Thanks!
[/quote]

Obviously, Our Mozzerella Mushroom burgers are going to have cheese on them. We are cooking them them with the cheese to melt it onto the patty as far I know. The best thing I can suggest is to remind us in person on site that you’d want it on the side, or simply not want it at all. The salads do contain cheese, but we will try to serve that on the side if requested. And naturally, feel free to give us reminder in person about that since we will be quite busy.

The Mac 'n Cheese and Potato Salad unfortunately aren’t vegan. Its too close to the event to change that at this point in time I’m afraid. :<[/quote]

Thanks for the info! I appreciate the heads up so I can plan approriately. :slight_smile:

I can not wait to meet everyone out there! I will do my very best in the kitchen! I can not wait to see all of your happy faces during meal times!

Best Thing I can suggest is to list yourself as an Omnivore and put down chicken as a food you cannot eat. Since you are a Patron, you’ll have a couple meals that will include chicken. We can offer veggie options for those meals for you, but I ask that you remind either me or Xander about these things in person on site at some point before one of those meals happens so we can get an extra veggie portion prepared for you!

Yes! Those happy faces make all the hard work worth it! <3