Lake

3 years ago I was able to take a trip to a nearby lake with a few other people and it was awesome, but have not had people to go with/been invited to go out to a lake since. :frowning: Plus my kitchen duties often got in the way, but Iā€™m not working this year so Iā€™d really like to do it this time. I will have a car and can fit 3 if I need to drive, but Iā€™d really like to go one way or another! I donā€™t know what lake it was last time but surely someone will know either where that one or another is.

Whatā€™s the drive time like? I do enjoy lakes.

a lake would be awesome :o would love to go swimming in more water :smiley:

That was probably Paulina Lake or East Lake! I would love it if somebody organized a Happening (or just an informal outing) to take people to the lake, itā€™s so close and itā€™s a really underused asset!

Itā€™s a ten mile drive, a ten mile hike, or capital punishment for cyclists, take your pick! <3

is it really a long hike to the lake?? o.o

Thereā€™s also some really neat-looking vista points along the crater rim. Place looks sweet on google terrain: http://goo.gl/maps/35kWE

Itā€™s about 10 miles one-way, which is a pretty long hike. Maybe 3-4 hours one way. Itā€™s also mostly uphill. If you didnā€™t want it to take all day, you could catch a ride to the lake and then hike back!

EDIT: Itā€™s called the Peter Skene Ogden National Scenic Trail, if anybody wants to look it up. There are also numerous trails around the two lakes and caldera.

hmmmā€¦well count me out xD waterfall will be good enough for me xD

To itā€™s credit, the east lake is one of my favorite places on earth!

Yes. Iā€™m still down. Maybe this will be the Happening I organize, Devin. It will involve a lot of scenery. And a limited amount of talking.
Sounds.
Perfect.

This sounds awesome but I wonā€™t have my own car with me so Iā€™d have to catch a ride with someone.

Ill drive ppl. I have a five seater if yall could do 2-3 bucks on gas eachā€¦ I havnt been and would really like to goā€¦

I would very much like to have this be a thing! Anyone interested in spearheading this?
I think an appropriate way to manage this would be to start a sign-up so there are enough cars for all the campers interested in going!
:smiley:

To whoever is bringing a car (Since Iā€™m riding along with, not driving to CFT). Iā€™d like to grab a spot for me and my friend Darce =)

Maybe we could post some kind of sign up sheet when we get there. People with cars can say how many spots they have with numbered lines and people can put their names down to claim the spots.

This seems like a good idea

I make a trip out to the lake at least once every year. I can fit three in the truck and more in the truck bed if you donā€™t mind laying down back there since I donā€™t want people visibly sitting up; the law about having people in the truck bed is kind of a gray area.

Bring a shovel and bucket! There are hot springs along the edge of the lake.

Also, the trip to the lake is 15 min tops by car; the road is well paved and taken care of.

[quote=ā€œComatoes, post:18, topic:585ā€]I make a trip out to the lake at least once every year. I can fit three in the truck and more in the truck bed if you donā€™t mind laying down back there since I donā€™t want people visibly sitting up; the law about having people in the truck bed is kind of a gray area.

Bring a shovel and bucket! There are hot springs along the edge of the lake.

Also, the trip to the lake is 15 min tops by car; the road is well paved and taken care of.[/quote]

Cops have always told me that if all the seats in the cab are taken then people can ride in the bed as long as they arenā€™t standing and are 18+

I have a car that seats five