Happening thanks, and suggestions

First off I just want to thank you all so very much for coming out, the event seemed to go well and most importantly it looked like people were having fun! A big thank you to everyone who ran an event, most went really well and had had little to no problems. With you you we wouldn’t have been able to make this thing happen.

Again thank you for all of your hard work. I already have a lot of changes planed on how things will be done next year but I just wanted to open my ears up to some suggestions from you guys. This is a user driven event so your ideas mean a lot to us!

I enjoyed the happenings that I was around for. Thanks everyone that hosted one.

After actually being there and seeing what the environment is like, I think it would be cool to add more nature type happenings as well as traditional furry con things. The star walk with Maz was really nice. We could do some nature walks, maybe do some survival/camping type things like firebuilding without matches, reading a map with a compass, ways to treat water so it’s drinkable, learning about edible plants and local wildlife, moccasin making. Things of that nature.

[quote=“Smight, post:2, topic:169”]I enjoyed the happenings that I was around for. Thanks everyone that hosted one.

After actually being there and seeing what the environment is like, I think it would be cool to add more nature type happenings as well as traditional furry con things. The star walk with Maz was really nice. We could do some nature walks, maybe do some survival/camping type things like firebuilding without matches, reading a map with a compass, ways to treat water so it’s drinkable, learning about edible plants and local wildlife, moccasin making. Things of that nature.[/quote]

So, maybe a few survival type happenings?

i guess i should post this into here since it seems my suggestion didnt go too well in the scritch/bitch. id like to propose an “ongoing” happening for fursuiters, have a fursuiting lounge to suit up, cool down, suit down, rehydrate and all. have the tent just “be there” (kinda like how the booze tent was) so that way the fursuiters can come in and out as need be throughout the day and night

I agree with you Boxy. Maybe there will be more suiters next year, too.

Well really wanted to have a headless lounge this year but we just ran out of tents. We are really going to be working on getting a cool place for suites. With some luck I should have my suit by next year!

what i suggested in the “scritch n bitch” forum was that if the staff doesnt want to buy a tent for the suiters lounge, we the suiters (dexter, fox, scritch, myself, sparky, ingavar, tux.kitty, or whoever wants to, it doesnt have to be just suiters or all suiters) chip in like 25 or 30 bucks (or more or less, depending on if the person thinks its a good idea or not), and that could get us a big 12 person tent, several folding chairs to suit up/down/relax in, and a water cooler and super long straws to drink with so we dont have to take our heads off all the time. then we can donate the chairs and tent and cooler to the convention staff for future cons.

skip the tent and get a popup canopy 10x 10 (or larger) and some net or tarps to go around it, will be cheaper and easier to use than a tent.

CFT has a giant spare 30ft diameter tent that we didnt set up XD it was to be the group sleeping tent but when we got back from the shopping trip everyfur had staked their claim in the area for the big tent. therefore, we have a tent for it XD it just didnt get set up

[quote=“x_panther, post:9, topic:169”][quote author=Thrash link=topic=152.msg1369#msg1369 date=1282025958]
skip the tent and get a popup canopy 10x 10 (or larger) and some net or tarps to go around it, will be cheaper and easier to use than a tent.
[/quote]

CFT has a giant spare 30ft diameter tent that we didnt set up XD it was to be the group sleeping tent but when we got back from the shopping trip everyfur had staked their claim in the area for the big tent. therefore, we have a tent for it XD it just didnt get set up[/quote]

i was wondering where that was :stuck_out_tongue: wondered if it was just in a regular tent and just wasnt told about it or not :stuck_out_tongue: