Happening Idea: Make Your Own Ears Workshop

I am willing to teach a workshop where you will leave with a pair of ears. Materials would be provided and I expect the cost to be around $5 to pay for the materials. Knowledge of hand sewing or willingness to learn is a must. There is a check to see if folks are interested. If you could respond with the type of ears you want to make, I’m make sure I have a viable pattern.

Oh, you will need to provide your own basic sewing kit: needle, thread, etc.

Fox

Alas it looks like I haven’t gotten any response. I will plan on bringing materials for 5 or so pairs of ears and post a sign or two around camp anyway. I’m sure I can interest a few folks during the event.

Fox

id like to participate :slight_smile: id like a fox (red fox) and another fox (but with purple fur if thats possible…for my fiancee…)so…would that be 10 bucks or just 5?

A pair of tiger ears would be fun to craft… >.>

I’ll bring my sewing kit just in case.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffnmdsjlknfdkjlnf YES.

I have my own sewing kit, but I would LOVE to craft a pair of my very own BAT EARS >:D A red with white polkadot pattern would be LOVELY, if it can be found :3 If not, red will do just fine :smiley:

Red fox is not a problem ^…^, but I don’t have anything for a purple fox. I’ll see what I can do. If you can come up with the purple fur (white fur with vegitible dye would probably work), then I can probably go down $2. There are a bunch of pieces that I need to provide and I’m not planning on making any money on this so if the materials come in at less than $5, I’ll give refunds.

[quote=“Mara-san, post:5, topic:142”]FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffnmdsjlknfdkjlnf YES.

I have my own sewing kit, but I would LOVE to craft a pair of my very own BAT EARS >:D A red with white polkadot pattern would be LOVELY, if it can be found :3 If not, red will do just fine :D[/quote]

Something like these I made?

and so don’t all start to go looking for the cute girl in that photo that is, in fact, a friend of mine. I am the dude in the middle of the photo below (the one with the knitted fox ear hat if you didn’t figure that out ;D ) in case you want to know what I look like. I even made it a link so as not to pollute this thread too much ^…^. I’ll put some signs up and will probably be by the big red pavilion I’m bringing.

http://www.demonfox.net/images/me.jpg

[quote=“demonfox, post:6, topic:142”][quote author=boxythefoxy link=topic=125.msg1022#msg1022 date=1280384300]
id like to participate :slight_smile: id like a fox (red fox) and another fox (but with purple fur if thats possible…for my fiancee…)so…would that be 10 bucks or just 5?
[/quote]

Red fox is not a problem ^…^, but I don’t have anything for a purple fox. I’ll see what I can do. If you can come up with the purple fur (white fur with vegitible dye would probably work), then I can probably go down $2. There are a bunch of pieces that I need to provide and I’m not planning on making any money on this so if the materials come in at less than $5, I’ll give refunds.[/quote]
okay :slight_smile: sounds good :smiley: actually i think ill just do the purple fox. sorry if you already bought the material for the red fox. just thought id have more money that i do (paycheck was smaller than expected). but i would love to do the purple fox ears because my fiancee wont be able to make it and i think it would be a great gift for her.

[quote=“boxythefoxy, post:9, topic:142”][quote author=demonfox link=topic=125.msg1065#msg1065 date=1280647349]

Red fox is not a problem ^…^, but I don’t have anything for a purple fox. I’ll see what I can do. If you can come up with the purple fur (white fur with vegitible dye would probably work), then I can probably go down $2. There are a bunch of pieces that I need to provide and I’m not planning on making any money on this so if the materials come in at less than $5, I’ll give refunds.
[/quote]
okay :slight_smile: sounds good :smiley: actually i think ill just do the purple fox. sorry if you already bought the material for the red fox. just thought id have more money that i do (paycheck was smaller than expected). but i would love to do the purple fox ears because my fiancee wont be able to make it and i think it would be a great gift for her.[/quote]

Come and hang out at the workshop even if you don’t plan on buying the materials. If you can scrounge up a sturdy wide headband, I’m sure we can work something out.

Thanks everyone for coming to my workshop and putting up with my first class. I learned what worked well and what didn’t. I do plan to offer the workshop next year and by popular demand will bring many crazy colors of fur.

I am totally willing to help anyone who didn’t finish their ears. Drop me a line at fox@demonfox.net if you want to meet up somewhere. I do plan on showing up at various furmeets as well…

-Demon Fox

thanks for hosting your class it really help my sewing skills