Happening Idea: Battle of the Brightest

The rules for a boffer battle are relatively simple:

1. No hitting the face or groin. A hit to the face or groin is an automatic disqualification. Hits to the shoulders are legal, but discouraged.
  2. Any hit limbs are unusable. If you hit an arm, the arm goes behind your back. If you hit a leg, you have to drag that leg behind you. If the second leg is hit, you have to fight from your knees.
  3. Any hit to the torso, and the fight ends; the victor is the one who hits someone’s torso.

Battles will be organized by the color of your glowsticks. You will join one of three ‘tribes’ who are assigned a color. Fights are picked at random to be three-way battles between the three colors. The team with the most wins dominates battle of the brightest. In the end, there’s a ‘free for all’ royal rumble where everybody fights. Last person standing gets bragging rights.

May include some kinda informal vote as well for people to pick their favorite glowing costume.

Are ranged weapons allowed? (I have a boffer long bow. It’s pretty badass.)

Maybe in the daytime, but not in the dark. XD

That makes sense XD
It would be sweet to put glowsticks on it at night just for shits though! :smiley:

I must wholeheartedly express my support for this idea. Keep the medkit on hand. This could get messy.

Also, are we all like… signing waivers to participate in this? Or the camp in general?

You check off on the liability waiver when you register!

sounds like fun, trying too get a walebone class together (More Sturdy version of the buffer which has PVC piping for the handle and blade) thinking of charging 30 (For matrials needed)

Nava, if you’re still planning to bring PVC despite the cancellation of the "Welbone’ building class, I am bringing several items for the Battle of the Brightest, including some boffer building materials. If you let me know how many feet you plan to bring, I can get an equal amount of foam pipe insulation.

Battle of the Brightest is GO! 2,000 glowsticks are enroute, I have several rolls of clear packing tape, 3 huge rolls of duct tape for boffers, and as soon as I know a number of footage, pvc pipe insulation! If you want to participate in this, I highly suggest bringing a pair of clothing you wouldn’t mind getting covered in tape and nontoxic bioluminescent fluids!

ya despite the class I might just bring some items and we can set some up for people too mess around with I am still tring my best too get the money needed for it though :frowning:

I’m bringing a hundred feet of 3/4 PVC. (10 pieces at 10’ long.)

Thanks!