Daytime Stargazing Orientation

Hey guys!
I’m wanting to pour knowledge into your brain receptacles in a much more user friendly way this year. During the day I’d like to give “How-To” or “101” instructions for looking up at the sky… while we have light!

WAT IT IZ:

• Star chart reading instructions (printed star maps for the following night will be provided)
  • “Star hoping” instructions (how to actually find stuff)
  • Hands on instructions for Telescope and Binocular setup and usage.

On that note…

People with optics! I encourage you guys to bring a pair of binoculars (or a telescope if you have one). Even if you don’t think the equipment is anything special, it might impress you! 8)
Your own two eyes will work as well, I’ll be showing you all where to point these peepers.

…Sans debauchery, I’ll be around after dark for actual star gazing.

I could be down for this, sounds fun. Although Friday is gonna be the full moon, just fyi. Which should be awesome as well.

just a note, there will be a full moon over the camp weekend. telescopes might be a little useless with a giant night light blanching across the glass

I will bring my homemade telescope again as long as I have room. Its super awesome for looking at the moon with.

if you have one, bring your lunar shield :3 it will help a lot :3

In the cool/crisp nights out in the deserts of Eastern Oregon, the Moon usually isn’t a debilitating factor, espesially if we’re really haze free.

If we were doing super serious stargazing I’d be flailing my arms and being like “bluhbluhbluh unacceptable viewing conditions, full moon terribad” but this should be a good learning experiance regardless.

Oh Crowley. <3

ONE MILLION YEARS DUNGEON

Cool, I’ll put this down as an official happening. What time/day would you wanna host this?

[quote=“Mazack, post:1, topic:459”]Hey guys!
I’m wanting to pour knowledge into your brain receptacles in a much more user friendly way this year. During the day I’d like to give “How-To” or “101” instructions for looking up at the sky… while we have light!

WAT IT IZ:

• Star chart reading instructions (printed star maps for the following night will be provided)
  • “Star hoping” instructions (how to actually find stuff)
  • Hands on instructions for Telescope and Binocular setup and usage.

On that note…

People with optics! I encourage you guys to bring a pair of binoculars (or a telescope if you have one). Even if you don’t think the equipment is anything special, it might impress you! 8)
Your own two eyes will work as well, I’ll be showing you all where to point these peepers.

…Sans debauchery, I’ll be around after dark for actual star gazing.[/quote]

Earlier on, Thrusday or Friday depending on what’s what. If I can do something in the evening on Thursday, I’d do a mini star gazing thing the same night for demonstration sake. I figured your happening is going down on one of the later nights!

This was a blast the last time I did it, I’ll be there again