Carpooling - Central, Southern and Eastern Oregon

Offering a ride? Reply here and I’ll populate this with a link to your post. Need a ride? Reply as well. :slight_smile:

Since this is my first time going to any sort of “convention”, I’d like some advice on how to get here. As far as I can tell, I’ll be living in Medford over the summer. Since I’m still working towards a driver’s license and I don’t have a car of my own, my current plans are to take a bus or plane up to the area and carpool from there. This is still probably a very sketchy plan at the moment, and there’s a lot of specifics I need to look up. If there’s anyone coming from the rogue valley area, please let me know.

Hello and welcome! There’s a furry group right around that part of oregon at http://groups.google.com/group/southern-oregon-furs and we get a number of folks from that area that you should be able to network with to organize a carpool. :slight_smile:

Be sure to check out our list of stuff to bring camping! http://forum.campfiretails.org/2012-carpooling-gear-exchange/cft’s-big-old-list-of-camping-supplies-to-bring!/

I’ve registered and asked about carpooling at the group you mentioned, but it doesn’t seem to be particularly active, nor in my general area. I have since decided to take the Amtrack route from Klamath Falls to Chemult by train (:D), and then to La Pine by Shuttle Bus. I still haven’t figured out how I’m going to get to the campground itself from there. A taxi would be expensive, and walking would be tiring/dangerous.

I still do not have all the details planned, but would it be possible to call/meetup and carpool with someone once I get to La Pine? As I may have mentioned, I’m still practicing for my drivers license, and I just prefer public transport anyway.

If you just need a ride from LaPine I’m sure a lot of us who will have our cars could go grab you. :slight_smile: I assume you’re arriving Thursday? I’m on breakfast duty so I couldn’t do it before noonish.

Yeah, Thursday the 2nd around noon should work. While I haven’t worked out all the details my current plan is roughly as follows:

• Drive with family to train station in Klamath Falls (Early morning)
  • Take the train from Klamath Falls to Chemult (8:25 - 9:40 AM)
  • Take shuttle bus from Chemult to La Pine (9:45 - 10:25 AM)
  • Take a Taxi or Carpool from La Pine to the event site

I don’t have everything fully worked out, though I plan to buy the tickets for this and the return trip soon. If you or anyone else can help me, you can reach me at danep.petersen@gmail.com and we can work something out (Bear in mind it may take a bit for me to reply, as my apartment doesn’t get internet.)

-Alright, I’ve got everything worked out now. While I’ll be taking the above transit route to the site on the 2nd, my family will be in the area on the last day, so I’ll be going back home with them. Anyone who is interested in available in piking me up, please PM me or e-mail me at the above address so we can exchange cell phone numbers.

Turns out I’m getting there later on Thursday so hopefully someone who is there in the morning can pick you up. :3