Capture the flag

This was a lot of fun last year, though it was too hot! So we will be doing round two this year only once it cools down a bit. If you have any other ideas to help imvrove this here is the place to speak.

Could try different types of CTF. Theres stuff like single flag, president, chess, and multi-team.

I’ll play :smiley:

Ah, just posted bout this as an idea :stuck_out_tongue:
Aaanyways, what I’ve seen done is a CTF game by night. Now, I’ve personally not seen the campsite area so I don’t know about the lighting situation or even if there is any at night. But, the idea being, each team wears glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces/whatever of a certain color to differentiate teams and have the flag be attached to a large or multiple glowsticks. As I mentioned, without knowing the lighting conditions of the area, this may be unsafe to be running around at high speeds in the dark. Optionally, this kind of CTF can also be played during the hours of sunset. Just some food for thought.

~Groggy =^.^=

No lights except what we bring. And no moon this year. (First weekend of August 2012 will be pretty near a full moon. But not sure how much good that will do in the forest.)

Sadly no lights out there. Doing it at night would be a lot of fun sadly due to the lack of flat ground except for the camping areas, I’m not to sure how safe it would be. I will be sure to check out the ground next time I head out there to sere if there is a safe place.

[quote=“GroggyFox, post:4, topic:209”]Ah, just posted bout this as an idea :stuck_out_tongue:
Aaanyways, what I’ve seen done is a CTF game by night. Now, I’ve personally not seen the campsite area so I don’t know about the lighting situation or even if there is any at night. But, the idea being, each team wears glow sticks/bracelets/necklaces/whatever of a certain color to differentiate teams and have the flag be attached to a large or multiple glowsticks. As I mentioned, without knowing the lighting conditions of the area, this may be unsafe to be running around at high speeds in the dark. Optionally, this kind of CTF can also be played during the hours of sunset. Just some food for thought.

~Groggy =^.^=[/quote]

You’re thinking closer to Battle of the Brightest =)

Capture the flag in the early evening would be a good idea. We don’t want people passing out from heat exhaustion xD

I’m going to attempt to play again this year.

A note to all: If you have asthma, no matter how bad, bring your inhaler. I almost passed out last year because of this XD