Capture the Flag!

Okay, I was thinking tonight, and it hit me like a freight train, something I haven’t done since my Boy Scout days…Capture the Flag. But this isn’t your Elementary School PE class game, no sir. This would be an after dark possibly 2 hour or more game. It’s loads of fun to play at night.

Just as a heads up from an old pro at this, bring a red lens or some red cellophane you can put over your flashlight, it makes it harder for people to see you as you sneak toward their flag. This would probably be best played on Saturday night, so that I can scout out the best location to play it so we don’t disturb anyone else who may be camping nearby.

Who’s with me?!

raises hand ME ME ME ME
I haven’t played that since my boyscout days either XD
If we play after dark, I recommend using colored glowsticks as the flags. That way people don’t spend hours searching for them.
ALSO, everybody would need atleast a whistle, and we would need to do a head-count before and after. We /are/ in the woods, and it is easy to get lost in the dark. If any whistles are blown, we know that somebody is lost and needs help.
(just a safety thought)

Sounds fun though they say it gets cold here at night

[quote=“Pixelito, post:2, topic:123”]ALSO, everybody would need atleast a whistle, and we would need to do a head-count before and after. We /are/ in the woods, and it is easy to get lost in the dark. If any whistles are blown, we know that somebody is lost and needs help.
(just a safety thought)[/quote]

Good idea :3 I’ll try to keep the playing area close to the campground too to minimize people getting too lost.

Pffff cold? I know nothing of this cold you speak of! I have fur! X3 Nah just kidding, yeah people should remember a sweatshirt just in case :3

darn furs lording it over the coldblooded, well we have the advantage during the sunlight hours

Well unfortunately, we have to rely on things such as flash lights and jackets. We /are/ humans.
Otherwise you’d all be screwed in capture the flag (Bats= flying/no flashlights needed)
HA XP

Well, this one didn’t go as well as I would have liked, it was waaaaaaaay too hot to play when we did. We all got winded quickly.

I think next year this would be better if played towards nightfall when the light is very low, with flashlights and such, and with a much larger area, because the point of this game is strategy and tactics, not scoring points :stuck_out_tongue: Honestly, in a game like that there should only be one or maybe two points scored, since it would involve slow movement, hiding behind bushes and such. At least that’s the way I played it in Boy Scouts :3

Thanks to all those who played anyway :3

I think wandering around the forest at night is asking for someone to get hurt. (Fall down and go boom; or conk someone with a flashlight while trying to tag them.) Maybe if it were a full moon…

I’d suggest first thing in the morning if I hadn’t seen how late most of the camp woke up.

That’s why I said when the light is low (i.e. the hour or two just before the sun completely sets and shortly after that :3

We’ll figure out something before next year. And the rules would be different anyway if played at night than how the rules were this time.

I’d say a good time to plan it for would be early evening maybe just before or after dinner (if we can nail down getting meals done in a more timely manner). Should hopefully lend a few hours to play before the sun’s fully down.

I quite enjoyed the game!

Me too; for as long as it lasted. :wink:

it was great