[closed] Can't make it to CFT this year? Let me bring a Flat Stanley version of you!

I had this idea when talking with Hawkfeather at BLFC last weekend - how fun would it be if we do a YCH-style cutout of people’s characters, and treat them like a Flat Stanley?

For those of you unaware, the Flat Stanley Project is a super cute thing a teacher came up with (based on the Flat Stanley books) where people make a little cut out friend, then send it out on adventures.

Since furries are SUPER good at playing and having fun with things like this, Flat Stanley versions of people’s characters (laminated for their safety, of course) seems like a natural way to include our regular campers in this year’s festivities. I’m envisioning a board with people’s characters affixed to it with velcro, where they can be checked out for adventures. While on the adventures, we can take pictures and send them to the person who’s missing camp, so they know they’re still being thought of and celebrated with. I can make sure to put their twitter/telegram/contact info on the back, for easy tagging.

As we get closer to camp, I’ll bump this thread asking for ref sheets for those folks that won’t be joining us again in August.

Attached: a Flat Stanley, for inspiration

6 Likes

This is the BEST idea. All of the best pictures with the folks who are unfortunately absent.

1 Like

It’s looking more and more like I’ll be needing one this year

Bumping! Get me those ref sheets if you aren’t going to join us and want me to make a Flat Stanley!

Might be too late, and I don’t really have a good updated ref. But hopefully this works.

1 Like

awesome! Do you have any ref for their tail, or is it just a normal cat tail?

The tail is yellow with a black tip and six even-ishly spaced stripes that progressively turn to a light-red as it gets closer to the body. Length would be pretty average.

(Also, very much she)

A bit like this

Do you have a telegram or twitter handle you wan me to put on the back of this, so we can tag you in the pictures?

2 Likes

And a Rainfox420!

1 Like

Oh, neat. Thank you for doing this!

Here’s me:

Edit:
I’m @SaberTail on both Telegram and Twitter

OH MY GOD I LOVE IT

Telegram: @ButterBall0
Twitter: @0ButterBall

2 Likes

1 Like

Could we get a Snel? I think lots of the Portland crew will miss having him at cft this year!!

Twitter: @omgitburns
Telegram: @SNELREV

1 Like

Oh YES!! Thank you!!

Last call for these! Get your ref sheets & Twitter/Telegram info in by midnight tonight (Sunday) if you want me to make a doll to take to camp!

I’d like to nominate my best wuff bud, Marroc Adalwulf. Safety pup extraordinaire! He usually wears his safety vest but can’t make it this year.

Twitter: @MarrocAdalwulf
FA: https://www.furaffinity.net/user/ptomaine
T-gram: @Marroc_Adalwulf

I’m sorry, but you didn’t make it in by the cutoff. Hopefully he can join us next year in person!