Board Games

I’m bringing Spyfall, Snake Oil, Code Names, and Resistance, for those that enjoy casual jump in and out games. :3

1 Like

I love Resistance. Absolutely up for playing. :slight_smile: Haven’t played the others, but willing to learn! Any chance of Ultimate Werewolf (AROO!!)? :smiley:

This was in 2011 if you look at the original posting date

This year I’m planning on Istanbul, Dark Moon, Isle of Skye, Big Book of Madness, Welcome to the Dungeon, Backgammon (just got a new board…), Othello of course (looking at you Tarka :stuck_out_tongue: ), playing cards, and whatever else I can cram in an action packer. Anyone want anything in particular? Tarka: you should bring Goblet again, that was fun.

I don’t think @Tarka is making it this year. :<

I’m going to bring Matchi Koro, Hanabi, Valley of the Kings, Roll for the Galaxy, TMNT Dice Masters, and a few RPGs

RPGs? like what?

Probably FATE and Pathfinder

What? Really? Wow…I could have sworn he said he was. But that was months ago I guess.

Do you think you could actually get a game going? It’s so much set up and play time…I can barely get people to commit to 2 hour board games :slight_smile: I’ve got Numenera that I’ve been wanting to try out, but I don’t think I know it well enough to DM a game yet.

FATE is good for a quick pick up game. Pathfinder could be done with premade characters . . . Or just people who have a lot of time . . .

There is Pathfinder the board game now. It’s actually one of my favorites. Helps get the game going and moving quickly together to problem solve.

We played all the way through the first Pathfinder card game, and I felt it was quite a slog. It was way too repetitive, and there were almost no interesting decisions to make, the best move was always very obvious, and the outcome always depended on a die roll rather than planning of any kind. We played through it anyway. I kind of wonder if the 2nd one, with the ships and pirates and such, is any better, but I don’t wonder that hard.

I’d recommend Mice and Mystics instead, which is vaguely in the same vein.

If she’ll let me, i might be able to bring the entire set with all expansions up to date (to my knowledge) just has to be well taken care of or it’ll be my head

Also, we have the first set of Munchkin, phase 10, and one more that I’ll update when i find it

I’ve heard good things about Numenera. Depending on what kind of time we have and how many players, I’d be up for at least giving it a try.

Oh, and I’m almost always up for Pinochle (I saw your previous post mentioned cards), if we can get a four-player game going. :slight_smile: That’s pretty much my all-time favorite card game, and it’s been forever since I’ve had the chance to play!

@FakeMan I’ve only messed around with FATE once, but it was pretty quick to get going that time. It’s been a little while since I’ve messed with it, but similarly to above, depending on circumstances, I’d give it a go. :slight_smile:

I have Cards Against Furmanity! I’m going to break that out for sure :smiley:

Is anyone going to get and bring the new Oregon Trail card game?

Grecko and I both play Pinochle, we’ll need to find a 4th (maybe Rowanyote knows it or would learn?). Last year we started a game of Barbu, but didn’t have time to finish. Maybe we’ll try that again. And if you’re up for learning something more complex than Pinochle, we also like Doppelkopf…

Due to an ordering mishap, we ended up with two copies of the Rise of the Runelords character expansion, I don’t suppose you need a copy of that?

Shievena is a board gamer, and will bring some.
I told him to bring mysterious, which is novel, fun and ez to learn.

You must mean Mysterium. That is a fun game, and I recently got its new expansion. However, it takes a lot of space to pack and a lot of table space, and I won’t be bringing it. If Shievena can bring it and have space to play it, great!