Apocalypse Dance and Dust Mask Decorating! :D

Hey guys and gals…and other…! :3

I’ve been working a ton on my DJing over the past year and am currently working on putting together an apocalypse-themed set.
I’d like to do this on Saturday night, providing staff lets me! (HINT HINT ♥)
If Smash can’t show up due to work or whatever, I plan on bringing my setup which, although much less impressive, works.

Now to the neato-burrito part!

I’d like to bring some dust masks (You know, those cheap paper things you get at Home Depot) and have a happening earlier in the day where we decorate them!
I would be providing masks and non-toxic paint/markers. (wouldn’t want to be breathing in death-fumes!)

The ultimate goal of all this is to have a bunch of furries dancing to some bitchin’ music while wearing crazy post-apocalypse raider-esque masks.
Would make for a great time and an awesome promo video.

SO!

What do you all think? I’m open to suggestions!
Also, music requests?!? I do plan on DJing another, non-themed set if possible/wanted.

Thankoo!
♥Pix

Not only does this sound pretty dope and fly(am I cool yet?), it’s actually kinda ingenious.

One of the biggest issues dancing last year was the dust kick up. I’d have to take breaks sometimes just to get fresh air. Having these around to protect against that would be SUPER handy. Hell, I’d probably do this myself even if this didn’t become a happening, though it totally should.

Has my seal of approval and I’d totally be there for it. thumbs up

I figured that it would be able to serve that purpose too! Even just DJing, my asthma was kicking up from the dust! D:

Fits the theme. Has health/allergy benefits.

Good idea worth giving a shot 10/10 would do again, etc.

Perhaps I shall put a silly dust mask around my fursuit head (which already does a good job of keeping the dust out)?

Double safety! (All the way, what does it mean, etc…?)

I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!

Email beauchamp@campfiretails.org and we’ll work together on setting this up!

Well, my set is really kinda’ a one-bat thing… I had planed on doing the performing. :V

The mask stuff, though, will probably need people to bring some supplies to share instead of just mine. (Non-toxic and safe supplies of course!)

This would be great! I tend to not make much gear before the camp and love it when I can create it there!

I will be bringing my light gear, which you are more than welcome to use on Saturday night. I am not sure what Smash is bringing, but I figure that the more lights, the better. Ill also have a generator. If you’re spinning live, maybe we could work out a mashup, since Im sure I will be up there too. You ever run a DMX controller?

I love the dust mask idea! Perfectly suited to CFT :smiley:

Yeah, I’m not sure what he’ll bring. Hopefully nothing comes up and he can actually come, otherwise, that generator will be needed!
I am going to be doing everything live and have a bout 2 hours planned that I’m going to focus on. It’ll have an obvious beginning and end. I kinda want to make a show of it and tell a bit of a story with the music. I’ve never done that before, but I figured that the CFT crowd hear my first ever live set, so they should see how I’ve improved! X3

I imagine, though, that there won’t be many DJs, as usual. (Last year was Bucker and myself, along with Riley’s awkward dance party). So I’d totally be down with a back to back, head to head, mashup, etc… :smiley: That’d be damn fun. Hell maybe the few of us could all get together at once and play and epic 3-4 person live show! Dunno, just an idea. Everybody is drunk anyway, and aren’t expecting much, so we might as well experiment and have some fun with it?

As for DMX, I have some /basic/ experience, but I don’t particularly know the ins-and-outs. D:

Combined with a bunch of people dancing around in the dust, it’ll probably look pretty cool too! :smiley:
(Not to mention they’ll keep our lungs nice and happy)

Yeah, I was ralphing up lung-gravy from dancing so enthusiastically. Beauchamp above is organizing Happenings scheduling, so do get in touch with him and he’ll make sure you get whatever you need to play :3

Thanks Devin, I was wondering who to contact so it can be official! XD ♥

[quote=“Beauchamp, post:6, topic:558”]I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS!

Email beauchamp@campfiretails.org and we’ll work together on setting this up![/quote]

I’m an idiot. Sorry ♥

Emailed you. XD

While I’m here, I need suggestions! :smiley:
…no, seriously…

Suggestions for what, exactly? :3

Herp, there I go being an idiot again! x.x

I’m looking for suggestions (from all) for materials to bring for dust mask decorating, and even more importantly, what kinda music to include! :3

Music: Go eclectic and nostalgic. My favorite scene in The Postman was when the soldiers rioted up until the projectors played the movie ‘the sound of music’. Hope that helps steer you in some directions.

Masks: Grease pens, spraypaint in dixie cups with Q-tips, mud, wood ash, ‘dried blood-colored’ and ‘rust-colored’ paints, tobacco boiled in water makes a lovely red patina, boiled down coffee makes browns, etc etc. Go unconventional with your materials so people have to improvise to get that ‘close enough’ nature seen so often in post apocalyptic settings. Approach your medium like you’ve never seen a can of paint, a marker, or a clean sheet of paper or glue before in your entire life and the rest will flow naturally. Don’t buy brushes, find stuff that can be used to make brushes instead. See where I’m going?

[quote=“Crowley, post:19, topic:558”]Music: Go eclectic and nostalgic. My favorite scene in The Postman was when the soldiers rioted up until the projectors played the movie ‘the sound of music’. Hope that helps steer you in some directions.

Masks: Grease pens, spraypaint in dixie cups with Q-tips, mud, wood ash, ‘dried blood-colored’ and ‘rust-colored’ paints, tobacco boiled in water makes a lovely red patina, boiled down coffee makes browns, etc etc. Go unconventional with your materials so people have to improvise to get that ‘close enough’ nature seen so often in post apocalyptic settings. Approach your medium like you’ve never seen a can of paint, a marker, or a clean sheet of paper or glue before in your entire life and the rest will flow naturally. Don’t buy brushes, find stuff that can be used to make brushes instead. See where I’m going?[/quote]

Thats pretty much the direction I was going, good to have that backed up!

And I see what you did thar…or where you’re going…thar… :V