Anyone interested in learning about dog mushing/skijoring?

The mate and I are dog mushers and I am a skijorer and we’ll have a couple of our sled dogs with us. If folks are interested we can talk a bit about dog mushing and skijoring which is a great and inexpensive winter sport to do with your four-legged friends.

1 Like

I have absolutely no idea what skijoring is but it sounds bad ass. if you’d like to host a discussion about it, just let me know what time works best for you and I’ll schedule it!

Skijoring is having a dog (or dogs) pull you on skis. It’s a hoot and you can really fly and the dogs love it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My GSD would probably like it. Though I think I got a day of snow on my property, lol.

I’ve loved dog sledding since I was young. Used to have my golden retriever pull me around on a cobbled together ‘sled’ before I moved to the city. Fell out of it for many years but wouldn’t mind chatting and meeting someone who actually mushes. :smile:

Skijoring is a fairly easy sport to get into without a lot of money if you live somewhere you can cross-country ski. I know of a professional Sibe musher who lives in Bend.

Short answer, yes. Are you bringing a warm-weather scooter-sled?

I don’t think we are because I don’t think we have one! :stuck_out_tongue: I may be able to borrow one from a friend but we don’t run dogs in the summer because it’s usually too warm.

You want to put us on for Friday afternoon? I think that’d work pretty good.

Before or after lunch, @TundraMalamute ?

After lunch would be better.

1 Like