"A breakfast fit for Bigfoot": CFT 2024 Menu

A good morning to all aspiring cryptozoologists. The kitchen team is ready to offer up another menu to keep us all well fed while we search for (and run from?!?) mysterious critters! We will be serving breakfasts and dinners that are sure to lure in even the pickiest of cryptids. If you’d like any assistance navigating dietary restrictions, please email us at kitchen@campfiretails.org.

Thank you to all of the enthusiastic volunteers who signed up to help us make the magic happen! Cooking is always more fun with friends :heart_on_fire:

:paw_prints: Attendees get cold breakfast and hot dinner
:feather: Patrons get hot breakfast and hot dinner
:sauropod: denotes veggie/vegan option

Thursday Dinner
Burgers, Baked Beans, Chips, and Watermelon (:sauropod: Plant-based patties)

Friday Breakfast
:paw_prints: Breakfast Bar with Cereal & Milk, Granola & Yogurt, and fresh fruit (:sauropod: Non-dairy milk/vegan granola)
:feather: French Toast, Links, Eggs, and Fruit topping (:sauropod: Vegan French Toast, plant-based links)

Friday Dinner
Pork Yakisoba with Cabbage Salad (:sauropod: Marinated baked tofu)

Saturday Breakfast
:paw_prints: Breakfast Bar with Cereal & Milk, Granola & Yogurt, and fresh fruit (:sauropod: Non-dairy milk/vegan granola)
:feather: Breakfast Burritos with Chorizo, Eggs, and Hash Browns

Saturday Dinner
Chicken Satay, Lime Rice, and Green Salad (:sauropod: Green Chickpea Curry)

Sunday Breakfast
:feather: Pancakes, Eggs, Bacon, and Compote (:sauropod: Plant-based sausages)

Sunday Dinner
Swedish Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Cranberry Sauce, and Gravy (:sauropod: Plant-based meatballs and gravy)

Monday Breakfast
Leftover Burritos for the ride home :rocket:

1 Like

Pork Yakisoba with Cabbage Salad (:sauropod: Marinated baked tofu)

Question: will there be a vegetarian version of the yakisoba noodles this year? I absolutely love veggie yakisoba, so I was extremely bummed out last year when I was told there were no meatless noodles available! I ended up just picking the meat out of the pork yakisoba instead.

Hi Oce, we substitute baked tofu for the vegetarian servings since we started yakisoba. We also do rice noodles and a tamari marinade for gluten free folks. I can’t guess as to why you had to do that but I’m sorry nonetheless. If you reread the menu, the green dinosaurs denote the veggie option for every meal. :sauropod:

Thanks, Beau. Let me explain what happened last year: when I came up to the dinner line on yakisoba night, the volunteers pointed me to the vegetarian table, where there was a pot of tofu/veggies and nothing else. There were no noodles (or carbs) whatsoever. I asked, and was told that was all there was for vegetarians. I thought this was bizarre, but that was what I was told! Did something weird happen? As I primarily need the carbs (and can’t eat tofu), I preferred to pick the meat out of the yakisoba available.

I have read the menu, and understand there’s an emoji to denote the veggie options. However, it’s not clear whether the parentheticals refer to simply a different protein option like the plant-based patties, or a whole different dish like the chickpea curry - it flips back and forth, so I still don’t know whether the plan for vegetarians this year includes noodles or not?

(Reposted this because I realized it didn’t come across right the first time, sorry!)

I’m interested in the answer too, as it affects how much food we plan to bring. I also didn’t see vegetarian noodles last year, just tofu/veggies without noodles. It’s not clear from the above if the tofu was supposed to be a different meal (as with the chickpea curry), or a protein swap for the pork on the noodles (in which case something went sideways last year).

Hi, is there a way to mark which options are Gluten Free? I emailed the kitchen about this a few weeks ago and have not heard back yet. I am very excited to see what yall have for us :slight_smile:

@oCe and @Skanders : We portion plenty vegetarians and aside from two recipes a few years ago, we’ve always had enough for seconds. If you are around when dinner service is announced, I promise you’ll have a chance to catch as much veggie yakisoba as you want.

@FelixFaeWild I’m sorry I missed your email but all meal services will have a gluten-free option. If you have a sensitivity or allergy that requires more attention, please dm me and I can offer up some suggestions to make sure you’re fed all through camp!