2-Part Poi Happening: daytime class + nighttime spinjam!

So, the details of this are not completely ironed out yet, but I figured I’d make a post about it anyway so people know about it in advance. :slight_smile: Sumanitu (who ran the poi-spinning class last year) and I, and possibly a third, will be putting together a pair of poi happenings this year!

-First, a daytime class to come learn the basics in a structured way, and
-Later, after dark, a free-form poi/spin jam, for all skill levels, with music and glowies. :smiley:

If you have your own pair of poi, bring them, along with any other motion toys you might have (staffs, hoops, juggling balls, etc.). I will also be bringing a few sets of loaner poi for those who don’t have their own, and some miscellaneous fun stuff!

We are tentatively thinking Saturday afternoon for the class, and then Saturday evening for the jam, perhaps overlapping with any planned Saturday night DJing/dancing events… if anyone (Groggy…? ^^) knows what’s already been planned for Sat., hopefully we can make it work with/around other things!

I’m working on final schedule right now! Will get things worked out!

[quote=“oCe, post:1, topic:476”]So, the details of this are not completely ironed out yet, but I figured I’d make a post about it anyway so people know about it in advance. :slight_smile: Sumanitu (who ran the poi-spinning class last year) and I, and possibly a third, will be putting together a pair of poi happenings this year!

-First, a daytime class to come learn the basics in a structured way, and
-Later, after dark, a free-form poi/spin jam, for all skill levels, with music and glowies. :smiley:

If you have your own pair of poi, bring them, along with any other motion toys you might have (staffs, hoops, juggling balls, etc.). I will also be bringing a few sets of loaner poi for those who don’t have their own, and some miscellaneous fun stuff!

We are tentatively thinking Saturday afternoon for the class, and then Saturday evening for the jam, perhaps overlapping with any planned Saturday night DJing/dancing events… if anyone (Groggy…? ^^) knows what’s already been planned for Sat., hopefully we can make it work with/around other things![/quote]

I think I remember DIY poi materials provided, like nylons or baloons and sand. Maybe I saw it elsewhere but that could be useful during the day.

I recall we had a ton of expired condoms for whatever reason last year. If we still have those, we could just fill em with water or something, and when someone screws up, they get to cool down too :stuck_out_tongue: