The usual dance-y goodness :D

[quote=“tyco, post:20, topic:630”]That was kinda what I was thinking, but I wasn’t sure it’d get loud enough for it to feel like a real dance right at the creek (remember you have to drown out the sound of the creek itself too).
The brush that’s just a tiny bit downstream of the creek from the swimming area is pretty level, and since the speakers are on tripods, it wouldn’t really matter to position them over some brush. Other than that, I do agree, I can’t recall much of a level area that isn’t too dangerously close to the water.
As for shade, I think there may be a couple of places we can either get the speakers under trees, or can potentially string a tarp over them?[/quote]

I’ll have to do some sound tests when I get there. If we want it louder, I could always move all the equipment closer to where the trail starts, before the rocks that mark out the camp…Kinda’ near where all the Bend people were last year. That might be close enough for some real volume, while staying level, shaded and far enough from the water.

That sounds like it’d work. I’m no DJ myself, but it sounds like it’d be fun to have a dance party in a water source :smiley:
Probably time it right after lunch on one of the days?

[quote=“tyco, post:22, topic:630”]That sounds like it’d work. I’m no DJ myself, but it sounds like it’d be fun to have a dance party in a water source :smiley:
Probably time it right after lunch on one of the days?[/quote]

It’s a new idea to me, but sounds like plenty of fun!
I think that a little after lunch on Saturday or Sunday would be pretty good. I’m hoping to get a bunch of people dancing and partying on Saturday night though, so I might not want to wear everybody out before hand. XD

If we move the party/dance area/loud camp up to where quite camp has been, you should be able to clearly hear the music by the creek. This would mean that nothing needs to be moved and the speakers can be placed in safe locations where they won't be damaged. :D

One of the big concerns is visibility from the hiking trail on the other side of the creek, which is why we relocated away from that part of camp.

Aw bugger, I forgot about that… and there really aren’t any good solutions to that that anyone has thought of? I can’t think of any myself. And it’s a genuine concern, even if the activities happen during the day?

Oh yeeeeaaaaah… I kinda’ forgot about that. Damn. D: