So my truck seats 5

I COULD fit 6 with the bench seat in front, but iā€™d prefer 5 max (including me). Iā€™ll be heading up from just a bit north of the San Fransisco area, and I was wondering if anyone would need a ride? I wouldnt make you pay anything but if you wanted to throw down for gas, cig fades, or beer (for when we get there of course) then I wouldnt complain.

Mapquest says its a 7 1/2 hour drive up there, so maybe 9 hours stopping twice. I have working AC and more than enough space for camping supplies and such. Also, bring your iPod and we can plug it in to my speakers (and possibly subs if I get some extra hours at work 8) ).

As for when we get up there, if you want to go to into town at any point, all you have to do is convince me to go and im down to drive you there. And feel free to use my truck as storage as well.

As of now Iā€™m about 75% sure Iā€™m going. Ill know for sure in about a week or two, and will post about it. Iā€™ll work out time info for pickup at some point in the coming weeks with people who sign up.

Hope that was enough info :stuck_out_tongue: . Feel free to ask questions.

Pulsifer and I are currently planning to come up in my small SUV, thereā€™s only room for two plus our stuff. But I wouldnā€™t mind considering us going with you instead in the interest of carpooling as well as me not having to make that drive. I usually drive down to San Diego every year for Comic-Con but this year we are skipping it and I was kind of looking forward to getting a year off from That Drive until I found out I would be making basically the same one in August, lol. Unless other people badly need those seats in your car, maybe Pulsifer and I can ride with you. :slight_smile:

edit: We will both have fursuits btw, so let me know if two big trunks would take up too much room. I will also be bringing a large tent, two camp beds, possibly a small screenhouse, and kind of a lot of other stuff like art and craft supplies etc.

I wouldnt mind picking you guys up, especially since youā€™re just a short detour away from the freeway. As for all the stuff, if it fits in the back of the truck its all good. Iā€™m only bringing a sleeping bag, tent, and other essentials so thereā€™s plenty of room for your stuff.

Sweet, this could work. Iā€™ve got a little bit of gas money, plus some other stuff of interest for trade.

Well if you can get me there and home I am more then happy too pay for gas I live out in Hillsboro

Well, thats a bit out of my way (like the complete opposite direction by about an hour) but if you really need a ride I could swing by and pick you up. Also, as of right now I am 100% positive I am going. I just registered like 5 mins ago, but it doesnā€™t look like it linked my forum account to the registrationā€¦ maybe it takes time or something?

It isnā€™t automaticĆ¢ā‚¬ā€I do it by hand when I get the notification that somebody has registered. Thanks, by the way! :slight_smile:

nice, thanks!

That would be cool, I am happy too pay for the trip there and back. I can give you my address as we get closer :smiley:

Okay sounds good. Guess that means I have 4/5 seats filled, so if anyone thinks they might need a ride theyā€™d better speak up pretty soon :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Also, anyone know what time we should be there by? Itā€™s gonna be a looong drive and I was just trying to figure out what time I should drag myself out of bedā€¦

Check-in is thursday at noon. Volunteers show up a day earlier. :slight_smile:

Well, I signed up to volunteer, so I hope everyone planning on going with me also volunteeredā€¦ and I guess that means I have to leave my house at about 1 AM

[quote=ā€œTimber, post:9, topic:88ā€][quote author=psychill link=topic=66.msg504#msg504 date=1276291274]
Well, thats a bit out of my way (like the complete opposite direction by about an hour) but if you really need a ride I could swing by and pick you up. Also, as of right now I am 100% positive I am going. I just registered like 5 mins ago, but it doesnā€™t look like it linked my forum account to the registrationā€¦ maybe it takes time or something?
[/quote]

That would be cool, I am happy too pay for the trip there and back. I can give you my address as we get closer :D[/quote]

I just registered and I live The Dalles, OR which is a lot closer than where psychillā€™s coming from ('round San Francisco)ā€¦ it might be cheaper for you just to take a bus, Timber but, I understand youā€™d rather ride in a truck with a furry instead of a bus with ā€˜normiesā€™ so, I could come out to Hillsboro before heading down to La Pine. It would save psychill a lot of driving time since heā€™s from Cali. Anyway, reply here or PM me and if you end up wanting to go that route and Iā€™ll start a topic for people coming from the Portland area that want to ride with us.

I also have a truck that seats 5. :wink:

[quote=ā€œComatoes, post:13, topic:88ā€]I just registered and I live The Dalles, OR which is a lot closer than where psychillā€™s coming from ('round San Francisco)ā€¦ it might be cheaper for you just to take a bus, Timber but, I understand youā€™d rather ride in a truck with a furry instead of a bus with ā€˜normiesā€™ so, I could come out to Hillsboro before heading down to La Pine. It would save psychill a lot of driving time since heā€™s from Cali. Anyway, reply here or PM me and if you end up wanting to go that route and Iā€™ll start a topic for people coming from the Portland area that want to ride with us.

I also have a truck that seats 5. ;)[/quote]

Haha yeah that would be awesome, considering I thought he meant Hillsborough, CA (adding 2 hours to journey) which is a LOT easier to get to than Hillsboro, OR (adding 8 or so hours). Glad that got cleared up now rather than on the 4th haha.

Umā€¦No Pulsifer and I are not volunteering, so I guess now we canā€™t ride with you. :confused:

Maybe we can work something out with psychill, sparky, puls, if it will cause transportation issues. Not every volunteer needs to be onsite the day before. We also need people to volunteer during the event. When I do a volunteer roll call in the next month, weā€™ll hammer out details.

Okay,but if I do have to drive the two of us it wonā€™t be the end of the world. I kind of like knowing I have my car with me when I go on a trip anyways. Weā€™ll see I guess.

Yeah, I probably should have read the fine print and checked with you guys first before signing up. As for when I volunteer, it doesnā€™t really matter to me that much, I just want to contribute to the event as much as possible

EDIT: Iā€™m definitely not gonna leave you guys high and dry without a ride. Iā€™ll volunteer during the trip so I can take you guys ;D